Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Micrologix - Setting The Clock

5 posts in this topic

How do you set the time from the Ladder in a Micrologix 1100. I see the RTA instruction but I don't understand how to use it The new time settings are stored in a Long Integer file in the Micrologix. I think I will have to move them to an Integer file but how do I point the RTA instruction to it?

TW, Setting the RTC is much like setting it in a SLC500. One way to set the clock is with the Function Files RTC tab. Click "Set Date & Time" button. See attached image. To load integer values from a communication or a move instruction the format is: RTC:0.YR for year. RTC:0.MON for month. RTC:0.DAY for day RTC:0.HR for hour. RTC:0.MIN for minute. RTC:0.SEC for second *(seconds are updated every two seconds)*. RTC:0.DOW for day of the week. Thanks, swimmy67 ML1100_RTC_Setup.bmp

But how do you do it in the ladder. I see the RTA instruction but couldn't figure it out. I tried moving values to the RTC but the clock seemed to revert back to its old time when the move was disabled

Also seems the only way to change all the values in RTC is with a MSG instruction from another controller or with your computer. Ron

Well....back to the drawing board....