Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Micrologix 1100 First Impressions

32 posts in this topic

TWControls, I was able to communicate with my camera, but just curious about the routing table and what it does. Just using it as a learning exercise is all. Another thing I noticed is that you cannot MSG a String unless the target device is a 485CIF device just like before in the ML1500 but it would be nice if you could. I use the PLC5Write in my set-up to communicate.

The routing table does not really come in handy until you are communicating with a Controllogix or drilling through one Controllogix network adapter and coming out on another. And then there seems to be limitations right now. You can't come in on one Ethernet card and go out on another Ethernet card. The second network in a bridge appears to have to be a 1756-CNB, a 1756-DHRIO, or a 1756-DH485. I have none of these modules so I have never really been able to try out the Multihop messaging. Here is an example of a Multihop to a Controllogix processor in Slot 0. With the 1761-NET-ENI the Controllogix had to be in slot 0. With the Micrologix 1100 you can specify the slot number through the Multihop tab

Has anyone used OPC with the MicroLogix 1100 controller? RSLinx doesn't have an option for MicroLogix under "Processor Type". (DDE/OPC-> Topic Configuration -> Data Collection -> Processor Type) Also, does it support unsolicited messages on Ethernet? -Brian

My topic configuration used "SLC503+" as the processor type. I use DDE and it connects fine so OPC should work fine. It will accept SLC Typed Read and SLC Typed Write messages but it will not accept CIP messages that I am aware of. Does that help? Also, read in this article about the modifications you need to make to your RsLinx setup for online editing with the Micrologix 1100

I saw you asked (2) times for an industrial ethernet cable with a Right Angle connector, so I decided to sign up for this website and answer your question as a "thank you" for your writeup. I believe Turck has what you are looking for: http://www.turck-usa.com/illustrations/B3027_H22.pdf ben Edited by Ben T

Nice find Ben, thanks!

Sure thing, I am a Turck distributor and some of our customers go wacky for the RA connector! ben