Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_shadow

*.cxr Fies In Cx Programmer

5 posts in this topic

Hello everybody; I made a cxr file for symbols and tried to open in it in another project but i couldn't do it?Is there any special settings for using reusable files and also i want to ask is it possible to open a cxr file in excel2003 then change it and load the edited cxr file to the project?i tried them but i couldn't do.Thanks a lot

Hello mr_shadow, The .cxr file format is 'xml', and will not be easily editable (unless you have a good understanding of this format). You can read the contents of a .cxr file with Notepad, but it will not be edited correctly by this. I don't know why you couldn't add a .cxr file to a project - can you post any more details? If you wish to use Excel to edit the symbols, why not simply copy and paste from the Symbol table into Excel, make the edits, then just copy and paste back in? Regards anonymous

I agree. Does anybody know why the option Reusable file(*.cxr) is provided in Cx-Programmer please.

Thanks anonymous, I found the reason why i couldn't import cxr files,i'm a bit strange with cx-programmer as you can guess:)but i'm solving it. I use your idea for symbol definition but i only want to know how is cxr files working.