Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nileshsurya

How To Delete A Program

9 posts in this topic

hi thr all PLC ppl i am talking about RSLOGIX5000 software. does anybody have idea how to delete a particular program from a task(for eg:- say Maintask) the delete option is simply greyed out and i cannot use it it wud b of gr8 help if anybody tells me a solution waiting for reply from all u experts Regards NileshSURYA

This is one of the biggest pains in the you know what about RsLogix 5000. To delete a program 1. Go to the properties of the task it is associated with and remove it from the schedule 2. It will now be in unscheduled programs 3. Delete all routines of program 4. Delete all program tags of program 5. Cross Reference program and make sure it is not referenced anywhere else 6. Delete the program
1 person likes this

hi TWcontrols tried wht u said just now works fine thnx for ur solution but why such a tedious procedure,isnt thr any other simpler alternative Regards NileshSURYA

I don't think there is a more simple solution but I think Rockwell could make a more automated solution. The Program does have to be unscheduled from the task before it can be deleted or it would cause an error Having to delete the routines and program tags does keep you from accidentally deleting the program and it is necessary to delete these since they are associated with the program. I think they could provide a warning on a delete of the program and automaticly delete the program tags, routines, and unschedule it from the main task. It is probably on there list but there are other features I would rather see done first so I wouldn't bug them with that. It's the only way I have ever found. Let me know if you find another way
1 person likes this

I'm resurrecting this old thread, because I just ran into this problem in RSLOGIX 5000 Version 10 on Windows 10.

The Program is Unscheduled.

There are no Program Tags

The MainRoutine of the Program exists but has no rungs or logic.

The routine CANNOT be deleted and neither can the program.

ANY THOUGHTS??? @TimWilborne

Go to the program's properties and set the main routine to none.  Then delete the main routine.  The you should be able to delete the program.

1 person likes this

You would think that should work, but the program' properties won't let me change the main routine to none.  IT is greyed out and has a value of MainRoutine

ProgramPropertiesGrey.PNG

Export to L5K, delete there, re-import and download. /:

Or export to L5K and search to see if "EventMainProgram" shows up in an odd place.