Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JasonMonette

Dh485 Connection Options

17 posts in this topic

I was wondering if you could give some alternitives to connect my laptop to a panelview 600 via dh485 other than the VERY expensive PCMK card/cable route. Thanks in advance, Jason

You can connect with a 1747-PIC (if your laptop has a real serial port) or with a 1747-UIC and 1747-C13 cable if you only have USB.

Do you have a round about price for each of these as well as some links on where to get them on the web?

1747-PIC - $360.00 (list) 1747-UIC - $268.00 (list) 1747-C13 - $60.00 (list) You can get them thru your local AB distributor, or on the web at: http://shop.rockwellautomation.com/RA/inde...CurrentStore=RA

what about this guy? 1747-PIC Is that all i need? I suppose I should give you all the info just incase Panelview 600, SLC-503. I will be connecting via DH485 through the panelview with my notebook running RSLinks. Thanks

I've never used one of these copycats, but for $49.00 it would be worth a shot!

That is what I was thinking.... I am assuming I would need the drivers to make this work. Do you have a quick link for the driver download?

If you have RSLinx, you already have the driver. From configure drivers screen, under available drivers, select the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver.

Awesome thanks. I will get the cable and report back on well it works.... For $49 bucks, it is worth a shot for sure...Beats the heck out $300!

While this option is the cheapest, if you had contacted a local distributor, you wouldn't have paid list price, but it wouldn't have been $49.00 either!

I am hoping someone jumps in here that has used this $49 cable and can tell me that he had no problems with it.

I have used the one from www.plc-support.com, which looks identical to the one on the MrPLC store, and it works great.

I can tell that cable from mrplc works with all computers with real serial port. If you can get RSlinx PIC driver working, it will work. Support this site! Buy it here! Edited by Contr_Conn

I thought the copycat used USB? It looks intriuging, but the warning about the PIC driver spooks me some.

Take a look at the picture in the store - it uses serial, USB does not work directly with DH-485.

I plan on buying it here. If it works, this site will have saved me a boat load of cash.