Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brad

Micologix 1200

7 posts in this topic

Wrote a formula to count or try to count past the number 32767. Trying to keep track of cycles between rebuilds. Attached a copy of the formula, will this work. Or is there a better way? Edited by Brad

Why use the counters at all. Can't you ADD 1 to your float file instead of counting up

Just used the counters because they are already in the program.

Here's another brute force method. This should tell you over 1 billion served Just noticed that my program is for a slc 5/04 not a 1200! The one shots are different (aren't they????) Edited by brucechase

how about this? ... I think this is what Wordman had in mind ... and yes, the OSR is an ONS in the 1200 ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

You are already using a floating point number F8:5 in rung 44 for the final result so just ditch the extra rungs, the extra multiply statement, and just use a one shot add and create your counter with a single rung of logic as shown here. I've alternately shown a counter using a long L integer. The ML1200 has long 32 bit integers avalable in L files. By using a 32 bit long (L) integer you can count to over 2.1 billion. A floating point counter will begin to loose precison at about 16 and a half million counts. While the processor supports a floating point number much larger than that, you no longer are able to resolve a value of one and at that point adding just one to F8:5 will no longer increase its value. Its not my intent to launch in to a long diatribe why that is so with single precison floating point numbers (something for you tor research if you really want to know) but rather I just wanted you to be aware of it. (try this sometime: Enter 16777230 into a floating point register and try adding 1 to it with an add instruction) Use a compare instruciton istead of a DN bit if needed. Edited by Alaric