Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeevan

1784-pcic(s) Driver

2 posts in this topic

I have Installed a 1784-PCIC(S)card in the PC. The PC is not connected to any n/w it is a standalone PC. When i Configure the Driver for this card in RS-Linx Professional V 2.43.01.23(CPR6)the Driver Shows a "Stopped" status even When i Press Start Button after Selecting the Driver. It Gives an Error Message saying "Device AB-PCIC cannot be started" (PL. see attachment for screenprint Graphic). Therefore i am not able to see the N/W Configuration in "RSWho" When I connect this PC to the Controlnet N/W. In One my other PC, With the same Arrangement it is Showing "Running" Status (standalone PC as well)and When I connect this PC to The N/W Then I am Able to See the N/W Config. My System has two Controllogix in Hot Standby, 2 1756-CNB's in each rack and 5 Flexlogic Nodes in Each CNB (10 nodes for Remote I/O)+ 1 PC. Both the PC's Have Win-2000 Professional. I want to Attach This Second PC With The 1784-PCIC(S) Problem to this system I am Not even Able to see the n/w in RSlinx via Controlnet(Checked all. Controlnet Cable Connection and Found OK). I tried Uninstalling and RE-Installing Both The 1784-PCIC(S) card and RSLinx But Did not work out. Please suggest a solution at the earliest. The Attachment has Both The Working and Non-working PC Screen Prints of RSLinx.I also have another message when my non-working PC does not go into Screensaver Standby mode that message graphic is also attached.

I have seen this before when a computer had the card replaced, the orignal card serial number or something was still present. I think I had to do some REGEDIT to clean it up and re-install. I don't have access to my sources right now, so I can't confirm this. Try rockwell knowledge base and search for 1784-PCIC. I bet there's a technote that will help you! Wish I had more. OkiePC Edited by OkiePC