Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fzboy

1747-pic/aic+driver

6 posts in this topic

When I try to configure the 1747-Pic /AIC driver I get the following error message "Cannot create new pic device when rslinx is running as a service run rslinx as a normal application then create the device". I am running windows xp home service pack 2 and rslinx professional ver. 2.43.01.23 (crp6).

No need to reply I was able to get it to work.

I see that you were able to get the pic driver working. My question is, Do you have an actual serial port or only USB?. My understanding is that the Pic driver can't be configured for use with a USB only puter.

I only have a usb port. I have also another problem, now I get another error mesage when I start rslinx . The error message is " Failed to swap in windows 2000 PIC driver. Any solutions would be welcome.

I had this same problem and AB support told me that I had to use XP Pro, not XP home. They also said I couldn't do the upgrade to XP Pro. It had to be a clean install of XP Pro. Anyway, I didn't believe them and I tried the XP Pro upgrade. Well, it turns out they were right. So, after buying a new computer with XP Pro I got it to work fine. This was my first experience with AB's RS logix and RS View. I wasn't real impressed, but after solving this problem things went pretty well.

Ah, Thats what I thought. You can't use the Pic/Aic driver with usb only laptops. I have posted another topic that might yield the answer to this. I don't believe it has anything to do with home VS. pro. I have XP Pro and get the sam error and was told by an AB rep that it won't work. Edited by rwraley