BobB

CX-One V1.1

10 posts in this topic

I have finally downloaded CX-One V1.1 from the European website. 3 files approx 600 meg each. The files have an iso extension. How the devil do I install V1.1 from these iso files? PDL, I understand you have done it. Very keen to see what they have fived - hopefully the "hanging" problem with the I/O setup module.

Bob, files with an *.iso extension are image files of the installation CD's. You can either burn them with your burning software if it supports burning from an image file, or you can use a virtual CD/DVD drive which installs as a normal drive and can "mount" the image file as if it was a CD put in the tray. I use Daemon Tools for this, it's freeware. After installation (and reboot I think) you will find an icon in your systray. If not launch separately. Right click, go to Virtual CD/DVD rom. I do not know if it installs a drive by default or you have to enable one. After this you can browse the *.iso file you want to mount. When disk 2 is asked, you can unmount the image and mount a new one. You can even simulate open/close tray, some programs need this at installation. Just follow these pics. Instead of the Update v1.0 > v1.1 which you can receive by mail this is the full install version. Gone with CX-P 6.11, what a relief that is.... I started a new project in CX-Designer yesterday. If you are familiar with NS-D you will find your way easy and discover many new things. For instance you can set the transfer method separately from the transfer command itsself so if you always use the same method you won't need to go through the dialog screens. Enjoy! Pim

Of course. Have not had to work with these before. Daemon is very simple to use but sent my virus scanner into overload (NOD32 the best I have ever used - hate Norton - throttles the computer). CX-Designer is certainly of different appearance - will have to wait till I get a screen job. NS-V1? When? What is so good about them? What is FQM1? What is NSJ? Are they less expensive low end PLCs to replace the CPM1A and 2A? Why are Omron now installing Microsoft Jet? Interesting!!!!! Thanks Pim.

BobB, I may be able to help with a couple of these. No, see above. I will be going to training mid February. Hopefully can add insight after that. Of course, Jay could jump in also, if he has the time.

FQM1 - Flexible Motion Controller Microsoft Jet - (Database access driver) Give me a call Bob

The auto update function is nice. Still cannot work out why Microsoft Jet is being loaded. I do know what it is Sleepy but how is CX-One using it?

I would like to have a copy of CX myself. Can you please tell me how to get these files to download? Thanks in advanced.

You need to own CX-One V1. You then go to the European website (Omron) at Omron Europe, register you software and wait for a reply to your e-mail address. Then you can log on to the website and download the updates. You will require your original CD licence number to install the software.

On 1/21/2006 at 3:17 PM, BobB said:

I have finally downloaded CX-One V1.1 from the European website. 3 files approx 600 meg each. The files have an iso extension. How the devil do I install V1.1 from these iso files? PDL, I understand you have done it. Very keen to see what they have fived - hopefully the "hanging" problem with the I/O setup module.

how could i find this version

You will not - that was in 2006!