Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

MrPLC Suggestions?

35 posts in this topic

I don't know about anyone else but It would be cool to have a MrPLC.com E-mail address. Later...Todd

I apologize if this was requested before, but is there a way that I can jump down to the first unread post after opening a thread?

After Opening a Thread... I am not sure. But there is a small square BEFORE you open a thread. It's the orange one that will do the trick Myself, I like to click on the VIEW NEW POST, then when I am all done I click the Mark all forums as read and return to index

Sometimes its a button called "View First Unread" or "Jump to new posts" at the top of the thread. thanks for the excellent site. Edited by jstolaruk

We could probablly add one somewhere, would that help most people? Where do you think others and yourself would want it?

"Mark all forums as read and return to index" Would it be possible to add a setting that lets you do that automagically at logout time?

i keep unsubscribing treads but no matter what i do, whenever i make a post or write reply, i'm automatically subscribed to that tread. can this be turned off...?

That settings is "NEW", now under My Controls, Options, E-mail Settings. You can turn it off or on.

I don't know if this a good idea or not. I don't ever log out. I also use two different computers. It would be tough to manage this request because some people might come visit but don't have time to read all the new post, and come back later to read some more. It would be hard to gauge this and make it work for everyone. So for now, only a thread that is clicked is marked as "read". You can click links to mark everything "Read" before you leave however.

Of course if it gets implemented I want the setting to be default off, so only the people who actively change it get the problem you're mentioning. The only reason I want it, is because that's how most of the other forums I'm using work. Basically, I also use the "View new posts" but I'm to lazy to click the link afterwards.