Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Wally

STEP/SNXT

2 posts in this topic

PLC: Omron C200H-CPU21, software CX-Programmer Version 2.1 I have downloaded the code for the Step-Step Next Sequence and read Jays' previous explanation of it but I have a few questions. A pick and place(P&P) machine is in Automatic Mode (condition to go to SecondStep is in Auto and machine in home position). I am assuming I can use the same PLC output address for 'P&P extend down' solenoid in multiple steps (first pick and then place). First question: Are all coils dead outside of steps? The internal output bit "safe to extend P&P down". Do I have to add this rung in each step as the 'P&P extend down' solenoid output address? Second question: I want to also actuate the 'P&P extend down' solenoid in Manual Mode. Do I put the instruction for this in again but outside of the STEP(FirstStep) and the end SNXT(StepToNowhere) followed by the end of sequence STEP? That is, do I have the 'P&P extend down' solenoid PLC output address in 3 places in the program(two in the step sequence for Auto mode and one outside for Manual Mode)? I am also going to put in a parallel branch after the table indexes then the P&P starts its routine again while another routine begins. Any methodology instructions would be appreciated. Thanks

Use your Auto/Manual switch to select one of two STEP sequences. One is the STEP sequence that you are working with now and the other will be a new STEP sequence just for Manual mode.