Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AmazingTrans

RSLogix 5000 Emulator

3 posts in this topic

Evreyone, I tried using the RSLogix Emulate 5000 Chasis Monitor. I added in a module call the Emulator Controller. Then later I try removing it. It did not really remove but was replace by another module called the RSLinx and the tiptool description was (16#004D)Unknown Communication Adapter RsLinx Enterprise-Desktop & the given revision and serial number. What should I do to remove that module from there? Hope someone has an idea about it. thanks

I have the adapter you are referring to also...it doesnt seem to be doing anything detremental though. I think RSLinx puts it there when you configure the Virtual Backplane driver. Here's what my chasis looks like. I have 3 emulated processors running and 3 topics in RSLinx and all works fine.

The RSLinx in Slot 0 is the Virtual Backplane driver in regular RSLinx Classic. That's what RSLogix 5000 uses to talk to the Emulator. The RSLinx in Slot 2 is RSLinx Enterprise, which is part of RSView Studio. I usually try to put it into Slot 15 so I can put my simulators and other cards in low slots. You should configure it through RSView Studio. It looks a little weird, but it works.