Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aassbeer

transfer program problem

5 posts in this topic

Hi. I try to transfer a program via a standard rs232-plc cable. When selecting "auto online" the program previously stored in the plc memory can be uploaded to the computer. It can be changed and downloaded back to the plc. But when making a new project and press "work online" I receive this message: "Modem port has been selected. Do you wish to continiue, YES or NO" I press YES and receive this message: "About to connedct to the plc. Do you wish to continiue? YES or NO" I press yes and receive this message: "Failed to connect to the PLC. Please check the following: -The device selected in CX-programmer matches the type of plc its connected to. -the network settings of change plc dialog. -the power supply to the plc -the connection between plc and pc." Then the program cant be tranferred. Any ideas why this accours? The cable used is a Omron usb->rs232 cable + a Omron interface unit. The right com port is selected. Edited by aassbeer

Verify if you select the same COM port number as used when you use auto-online. Do you have any other software running which occupies the COM port ?

the com-port was the same. I called Omron for help and we did fix the problem, but either of us understand what was wrong. Thank you anyway

Have you selected the right PLC and CPU type? The CPU type can be alterd in the settings (behind the PLC) menu when you make a new project.

So what did you do?