Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikecqm

Serial network connections

10 posts in this topic

I am looking for documentations concerning the multidrop connectiond between rs 232 plc. I am used to connect them (2 or more) by a "MOXA converter A50-A52", but I have often problems with the new version (A52). The problem is that the Cx, sometimes give me a connection error while I am online with 2 or more Plc'; My test configuration is made : pc (cx)--moxa(1)---------moxa(2)----------moxa(3) moxa 2 is connected to a Rs232 Cqm1h moxa 3 is connected to a Rs232 Cqm1h The connection between the moxa is done RS422 (4 wires), and also tesed as RS485 (2 wires). If somebody has some suggestions..... Bye, Mike

I am sorry, maybe I have to explain better my intention: Am I able to talk to many plc' in the same time? I am sure with controller link yes; but what about a normal serial connection (RS422-485)? Thanks, Mike

Yes, it is possible to use RS422 and monitor multiple Omron PLCs. I suspect that the Automatic Data Detect circuit is not reliable. I suggest that you use hardware control (RTS) to switch the transceiver. Here are some modified cuts out of the A52 manual. The pinouts for the cable are for Omron 9Pin serial port.

Unfortunately, I didn't have success with the test with the pinout assignement you suggest. Moxa service answered me this:

mikecqm: Are you aware of two products that Omron is making to convert RS232 ports to RS422? Both are powered from the CQM1H port and get their 5VDC supply from Pin 6 on the CPU port.

Can I get a free sample? But seriously, this adapter will come in handy, I'll contact my local rep about it tomorrow. Thanks Jay.

Omron also have a K3SC converter that is USB or 232 to 422/485. It is a DIN rail mount type and requires a separate 24VDC or AC power supply. The USB software is downloadable from Omron.

hi iam again icant find k3sc-10 usb-rs485 convertors usb driver. i look omron web site and goggle but icouldnt find it. if you have driver could you sen me or upload download section thanks Edited by toTAZ

You can find driver support for the K3SC at the below link: K3SC USB Drivers @ MrPLC.com

thanks Jay