Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerrycat

Citect scada and FX serie issue

6 posts in this topic

i have try to connect with citect to a multidrop fx serie network, but nothing seems to be working. on the side of the PC with scada i have tried differnt styles of wiring method, 422, 485 and still nothing work. i have tried a one on one communication with one of tthe PLC using the programming port and SC09 cable. still citect scada is not able to read one address of the PLC, i get the error cannot talk. should citect scada not be able to read from the PLC directly if connected to the pLC programming port with the used of the original SC09 cable

Attached QB article describes how to configure a FX multidrop network with Citect. Beware there are 2 drivers, a FX series driver and a FX2N series driver. The integrated Citect Help is also a good guide on configuring the comms setup. Good luck! Q2912.pdf

It is really strange it doesnt work directly with a SC09-Cable. then it should really work there must be something else thats wrong. some thing that come to mind (some are obvious in know) - is the correct comport selected - does the comport works - reinstal the driver - run computer setup what version are you using? i ll try to make a project that works with an Direct connection SC09 (wont be before next week still on vakation so no acces to a PLC). or can you post your test project maby we can see whats wrong. Grretz Marsupilami

HE Jimbo, i know my comport, because i use the same com port to communicate with the PLC via GX developer. the comport is selected correctly i am using citect scada version 6 i have attached the scada test project as zip file. you will have to unzip it first the test project have to turn a light green on the graphic page when the PLC is run mode testproject1.rar Edited by jerrycat

Jerrycat, Just from my own Citect experience (have never used Mitsubishi), when I use the Express Wizard ( From project editor > Communications > Express Wizard) to set up the comms to an FX2N PLC, I end up having the MELSFX2N driver selected at the I/O devices form. If you look at the driver help (From explorer > help > driver help) and then from the contents at the Mitsubishi section you will learn the MELSEC driver is for A series and the MELSFX2N is for multidrop network to FX2N PLC's. Although the article I posted states otherwise (I think it was before the FX2N driver was out). By the way, it's much easier to exchange (and backup!) projects using the backup/restore function from the explorer ( Tools > backup/restore). It compresses the files very well into a *ctz file which is easy to transfer. Hope this helps.

Hi guys, after uninstalling citect and deleting the citect directory and reinstalling citect, i finally got the test program to work, i agree with you PDL about the topic that the FX2n support multidropping thanks for helping me out Edited by jerrycat