Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest yomismota

Software for PocketPC

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I have got a CPM2A PLC and I have just bought a new pda (pocketpc OS). I'm looking for a programing software, a handheld emulator or a OPC software. Thanks

You can do a search at google for palm HMI and you will get lots of info or you can check out http://www.narlysoftware.com/ For an emulator i think there is an AB enumator at www.thelearningpit.com still. Ive never seen one for omron.

If you go here you can obtain a free Omron OPC server (serial only) Omron OPC

What does an OPC server do? That's a term i have never heard before. I checked out the website, but didn't find too much information.

Thank you for all ! I have found some software for palmOS but nor for PocketPC OS or WinCE OS Regards

To Dan S OPC is OLE for process control. try the Microsoft website.

One of the reasons that you are struggling with the concept of OPC server is that you only have one half of the application. An OPC server is kinda like a vendor specific comm driver with a universal interface. By itself, an OPC server cannot stand on its own. You need a OPC client to query the server. Most SCADA packages can be used as OPC client software. If you want to try your OPC server, the CX Supervisor demo found in the Omron download section of this forum can be used as an OPC client. CX Supervior demo download