Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdlovell

C200H programming cable / software

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I am quite green with Omron with only a bit of experience about 8 or 10 years ago on a C20H. Now I have a customer using a C200H in trouble. The run light will come on, but none of the outputs respond to the inputs. The system has a C200H-CPU31 with a C200H-ME831, an SLC22, an RM201 and two ASC02 modules, along with some digital modules. I have been doing some reading and I believe that the LSS 3 or the Syswin 3.4 software which I have can program this unit. What I am unclear about however, is how do I connect to it? There appears to be a Host Link Module C200H-LK201 that will connect it with a C500-CN221-EU cable. The customer does not have this module installed. Is this the only way? Or is there some way to connect directly to the CPU, perhaps by removing the connection to the SLK 22 network module? Any input on connection methods, sources for hardware, or what may be wrong with the unit will be greatly appreciated. M Lovell

There is a serial port (or at least a "peripheral" port, Omron specific, not sure, because C200H is like 8 years old and I only worked with it shortly. The successors C200HE/G/X had both though...). You should be able to connect through one of those unless it's already used for something else. The serial port is nonstandard though, so you'll need either a custom-made cable (description available in one of the manuals) or one from Omron. The peripheral port (where you also can connect the programming console) is Omron specific - to connect through that you'll need an adapter/programming cable from Omron. Good luck! Edit: Software: You can use either SSS (really old DOS program), LSS (similar) Syswin (also old, but works it's been said (never used it), and probably relatively easy to find, as well as made for Windows) or CX-Programmer/CX-One (what they sell today - will probably cost you money though). Edited by TERdON

For a C200H, you will require a host link, either a rack mounted type (would have to turn the PLC off to mount it) or a 3G2A6-LK201E CPU mounted portable host link. You may also require a stand off to lift the host link above any I/O cards that are mounted next to the processor. You may be able to find these on E-bay. The host link is not cheap new.

TERdON, The peripheral port on the C200H range is only for connecting to a PROCON (hand-held programming terminal). The CIF02 cable (used to connect to the HE, HG, and HX Series peripheral ports) cannot be used. Regards anonymous

dang, shouldn't have tried to answer questions where I'm unsure. Ok, peripheral port isn't usable, beleive you. Still I remember connecting to a C200H through a serial cable. Or that PLC wasn't a C200H perhaps? (I'm sure it isn't a C200HE/G/X, as I used them a lot, it's the one before with integrated power supply and the port "lying down" instead of standing). Or there were perhaps different types of C200H CPUs, not all with serial ports? Or am I just confused?

The capability of programming a C200H through the peripheral port with the CIF02 cable started with the C200HS CPU.

Ah, yes, I'm thinking about the HS... That means I probably haven't seen the C200H at all. :) Sorry for confusing you.

Ah, yes, I'm thinking about the HS... That means I probably haven't seen the C200H at all. :) Sorry for confusing you.