Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goody

tsx micro

5 posts in this topic

Hello chaps in a short while, I have to alter some code in a modicon tsx micro. I have not seen the program yet but they have asked me to alter a timer (or so they think) They use a binary switch to set 8 different times - but the longest time is now not long enough (its for a heated sealing bar) They are lending me the plc lead and have given me an old dos copy of PL707 version 4.0 I have never used this software or PLC before and so I am trying to familiarize myself with it (and struggling) I have lots of questions but here are a few How do I find out what bits/timers/counters/data registers are spare How do I map the inputs and outputs (so I know what the the 3rd plugin output unit starts at for instance) and any tips - do's and dont's with this clunky software thanks for now Steve Goodlad

Well for one thing, the PL7-07 software is not for the TSX Micro. It's for the TSX Nano. You'll need the PL7 software package for the Micro. You won't be able to do anything with the PL7-07 on a Micro. Once you have PL7 (which is a Windows package by the way) you can select Hardware Configuration and you will see the rack and slots of the TSX Micro and can see the addressing structure there. You can also look in PL7 at the used address list and see all of the used/unused addresses.

Thankyou techno Let me drop this software now - oh its horrible. I am in the UK and the machine is french made. They have had to call the people from France a few times to come over and alter things. They said software they gave me was given to them free from a rep but they had tried it and had got nowhere with it. (well they wouldnt if its the wrong one) I shall inform them that the software was worth what they paid for it :) And that they will have to buy the PL7 software. Any idea how much it costs? and arghhhh, I have wasted hours and hours getting to grips with that sofware that Im not going to use

Hi Goody; Didn't believe that there could be any one who actually hates PL-7 micro for Modicon PLCs. One day after coming to grips with it (and its not too difficult ) You will agree with me that its in a way much more useful than Allen Bradley's RS-Logix. Your current problem is simple. Look in the application browser panel.. under Variables (click it open) there's an object called Predefined function blocks. Double click on it and it opens a dialog box to configure timers(%TMi),Counters, Drums, registers and monostables. When in this dialog box, check(tick) the box on the top left corner marked Parameters.. Here's where the time bases and presets for timers and counter's live. Values can be changed off-line only. Before you chuck out PL-7. Check it out... Look at the beautiful collection of text functions. Look at their neat Drum controller. It's far more user friendly than old AB. The functions in PL7 would be of University grade if what is available with RS-Logix is considered High-School grade. My love for PL-7 began with my discovery of their Grafcet chart a few years ago. Its the best thing that happened to PLC users who program sequences. Please discover it yourself. The attention you pay here will be repaid in cash several times over during your career. Remember PL7 is ugly at first glance. But nothing made in France is really un-beautiful, despite whatever misgivings you English may have. I've used Siemens's Simatic manager, ABB, Modicon, Mitsubishi(Medoc, GX dev.), GE-Fanuc and of course AB. Of all these Editors, ABB's(AC1131) would rank No 1, followed by Modicon. With best regards, I remain Raj S. Iyer

Raj, He was saying PL7-07 for the TSX Nano was a bad software. Someone had given him PL7-07 said it was for the TSX Micro. PL7-07 is a crappy DOS-based software for the Nano PLCs. I agree PL7 is a decent application, but any IEC style programming software can do the flowchart programming like Grafcet, they just call it SFC (sequential function chart). My personal take on PLC software (I've worked with Omron, Modicon, Siemens, AB, and Mitsubishi) is that while there are variances in the way different ones program, there's certain tools and nuances in each one that are unique.