Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
audisel

Printer for wiring identification

12 posts in this topic

I am Trying to find the best (regular Price) portable Printer for wiring identification. Currently am using Brady Plus but sometimes the stamp quality is unstsble. Please Can You be able to suggest me some Label Printer?

If you mean the Brady ID Pro Plus, we used to use those until I read this post. We bought a couple of these (ID PAL) right off the bat since they were cheap enough. We have been completely satisfied with them for the reasons that chakorules mentioned and more. Changing cartridges is the best reason, plus you can use the same label type to mark components and label wires without having to change cartridges at all.

I don't have one myself but I've used them a lot; DYMO. The office desk versions are great too.

We use a DYMO label printer, only a little one, nothing fancy. Used to use it for labelling trunking lids, we used some diabolical labelling system for cables. Then some bright spark decided to use the DYMO labels on the cables and put some 3:1 clear heatshink around them. Effective and hard wearing, although we've not had to relabel anything yet, this may be a problem.

Brady ID PAL here

Brady TLS2200. I used to use the IDPro. It got tossed in the garbage (where it belonged) when I got the TLS2200.

Did the same thing.

I use both the Brady IDXpert and a Dymo. Most wire labels are done on the IDxpert. Most box labels on the Dymo, but I use the outdoor vinyl on the IDXpert also.

I got my ID labelers mixed up. We have an IDXPERT not the ID PRO http://www.bradyid.com/web/SiteBuilder/Bra...nsf/FLV/idxpert We still like it.

Just a FYI: So far all of the products listed here are handheld units. These work well for carrying in your toolbag and printing a few at a time. However these are way too slow if you need to wire an entire control panel. There are several Windows' desktop computer & printer based sytems that are very speedy. Brady and Entrelec are the two I've used and both worked well.

The Brady TLS2200 is a handheld, but it also can be connected to your PC. That is one of the reasons I like it. I can batch print the labels at the start of the build, but then during the build or field install if I need a quick number I can get it from the same unit.

I've got an ID-PAL and I guess I don't really like it as much as the ID-PRO we had at my last job. Maybe I'm just not using the best label cartridges. I've also got the Brady PC software, but I must confess I've never used it. I just haven't been doing jobs big enough to justify printing out full 8.5 x 11" sheets of labels..