Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beryl

CS1 I/O Address Mapping

4 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone! For reasons beyond my control I need to change the default I/O address for the CIO in some my CS1's. What I need to be able to do, if possible, is to change the addressing for basic input and output cards to a different starting number. Example, slot #1 change to 2.xx instead of 1.xx. Make sense? Slot 0 is a 16pt output with addresses starting at 0.xx, slot 1 is a 16pt input and I want its address to be 2.xx, slot 2 is a 16pt output I want its address to be 1.xx and slot 3 is a 16pt input and I want its address to be 3.xx. I know, what the heck would I want to do that for? Because the people upstairs want it that way... Anyway I don't know if this is possible and I haven't found anything in the manuals that tells me if I can. I know I can start the addresses at whatever number but then they just increment on down the line. Any help or ideas would be appriciated. Thanks, Edited by Beryl

There are possibilities The first is the most expensive, move all the cards up one position and put a spare unused CIO I/O card in the first slot this will force all the CIO units up one. the 2nd i've never tried but it might work. within the I/O table for CS1 plc's there is the option for a dummy I/O selection again move the I/O cards up one and leave the I/O Slot 0 empty. within the I/O table select a dummy I/O module for the first slot. this will again move the I/O addresses up one.

I've just re read your post and realised i've gone off on the wrong tack. really all your trying to do is swap the I/O addresses of card 1 & card 2 over. Just swaping the card positions on the rack and updating the I/O table will achieve this.

Hello Beryl, You can edit the slot addresses in the IO Table component. Open IO Table, highlight the slot that you wish to re-address, use the Options menu and select 'Rack/Slot start addresses'. This gives you the ability to allocate a start address for individual slots in the IO Table. Hope this helps. Regards anonymous