Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neildobson

MAC E200 to QJ71C24N-R2

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me with comm settings to enable me to connect an E200 to the Q-series RS232 module? I had the terminal working for a while but after fiddling with the baud rate I can no longer get any comms. I need to reduce the baud rate to 19200 because of the 20m long cable length. I see there is a switch settings dialog in GXDEV I/O configuration but when I adjust parameters here it seems to affect my programming port connection. Do I select the CPU protocol or C24 protocol in the E-terminal software? Any have example switch settings? Any help would be most appreciated.

If you are connecting to the cpu, select cpu protocol, otherwise if you are connecting to the c24 card, select c24 protocol. I am assuming that you are connecting to the c24 card. This manual should help you out. MELSEC_A___Q_CPU___C24_MA00549.pdf

OK, I got the manual for the C24 card. Here it is. QJ71C24__R2___Basic__User_Man_SH_080006_D.pdf

OK, now go to chapter 4.5/ page 4-11/ pg. 87 of 314. The settings that you need to set in GX are listed there. Hope this helps.

Thankyou, after studying the manuals and a bit of experimentation i've got it working. Here are the settings for future reference: E200 terminal configured with default C24 protocol settings: - RS232, 19200, N, 8, 1 C24 module settings: -Baud rate:19,200 = 07H (bits 8-15) -bit 0:OFF - independent -bit 1:ON - 8 data bit -bit 2:OFF - no parity -bit 3:OFF - odd parity (ignored) -bit 4:OFF - 1 stop bit -bit 5:ON - sum check on -bit 6:ON - write during run enabled -bit 7:OFF - setting modification prohibited Setting = 62H Protocol Setting: -Format 5 = 05H Configuration in GX Developer: From PLC Parameters, I/O assignment, Switch setting, enter the following for the communications module: Switch 1:0762 Switch 2:0005 Job done.