Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Dan S.

CX Programer and Win XP

6 posts in this topic

Hello!!! I’ve just upgraded to WIN XP, and im having problems getting CX Programmer to connect now. I have a feeling it has something with my com port and how Win XP sets it up. Has anybody had this problem and is there an easy fix? Or I guess im going to get someone to look at my computer. I had no issues when I was running Win 98. Any suggestions?

Please be more specific about the communications problem. 1 What version CX-P? 2. What comm port? 3. What protocol? Sysway? Toolbus? 4. What error messages? 5. Desktop? Notebook?

CX-P version 2 Comm. Port 2 (I tried One also) Sysmac Link See Screen shot for error message Desktop computer I’m connecting to the hostlink port on a cvm1-cpu11-v2 with 9-9 cable from the comm. port from the back of my computer. It's the same rig as when I was running 98. But yesterday I upgraded to XP now I can't connect. I receive an error message stating "Failed to open communications with PLC. CX Server reported and unknown Error." None of the dipswitchs or settings were changed, the only change was upgrading the OS of my computer. Edited by Dan S.

Known issues with this error message. Some other device using Comm Port 2 (Any sync software for PDA?) Other active software try to use Comm Port 2 (NTST? NTSS?) Y ou say Sysmac Link. To use Sysmac Link from your desktop, you will need a Sysmac Link board in your desktop. Are you sure it's not Sysway? Post a screenshot of your PLC settings.

Jay- I meant Sysway (woops!) I was coming back to post that I got it fixed when I read your reply and it looks like your right again. I changed my com port settings via the system manager (ms article Q232673) and rebooted. This worked until I connected my pda again. Even though it's a USB cable it wanted to use the serial port. Since i have disabled that, every thing's fine now. I just need to reinstall my pda software to make it use the USB port. I have pulled out my hair before trying to get connected, only to realize i was using NTST along with CX-P Thanks for your help.

Been there. Had to disable my internal modem for the same reason. Only enable it if I need to use it. XP has a few funny ways but has proved to be extremely stable. I am still having problems with the USB/serial converter connection to older PLCs from my HP. Have found that I acnnot have any loops in the cable.