Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frank.raymond

ASC02

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, Noobie to the forum. I need to pull the program from an ASC02. Im using hyperterm set at 9600,N,8,1. My cable pinouts are 2-2,3-3, 5-9, pc4-6 & 7-8, plc4-5. Tried using ctrl-break, ctrl-X. but can't seem to get the program to break. Any help will certainly be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried pushing the start/stop button on the front of the module? Sometimes when the module is in a fast for/next loop, it's hard to break the program. Also you have to use port 1. If that doesn't work, unmount the module and check to see that left side dip switch pin 1 is off. Then remount the module and restart the PLC, connect the cable, push the start/stop button once and it should give you the bootup screen.

Thanks, I was able to get the program stopped and listed. Now I have a text copy of the program. I have made some extensive changes to the text file. Now I want to transfer the changes. Could you please provide procedures for this task. Thanks again

Since you are using hyperterminal, connect tothe module with Basic light flashing (not solid). Under Transfer, select Send Text File and point toward you're saved text file. If the transfer starts skipping lines, under File|Properties, Select Settings tab| ASCII Setup and enter 100-150 ms on line delay.

Well I don't I understood what I was doing but... Here's what happened. Under the basic prompt I typed in LOAD #1,"COMU:(43) and then enter. Then I went under hyperterm and sent the text file. Nothing was happening. I looked at the breadkout box and saw activity as well as the comm indicator on the basic module. After the LED activity stopped still nothing. I then pressed the reset on the module as well as ctrl X. Finally I sent the text file again. The breakout box was responding again and text was scrolling across the screen. Don't know what I really done but it worked. I continued to make changes under a text editor and sent down to the module using the above mention voodoo. All was OK until the transmitals started giving syntax errors while loading. Then it happen. I stopped getting legible data scrolling while loading. It was 'heiroglyptics'/garbage with a syntax error message at each new line. Tried powering down the unit/rebooting the PC but still no help. The ASC02 still recognizes immediate commands such as cls, sace, del, etc. I now have a program that I really don't need. Any direction you can point me in will be further ahead than I am. Thanks