Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rodney

Problem with anti virus software

10 posts in this topic

Hi I have recently upgraded my Mcaffee anti virus software and now when ever I try to run my G X developer software the programme starts and you see the screen Mitsubishi Programming and Maintainance. However after that it just hangs there and does not display the programming screen. I contacted Mitsubishi Support and they thought that maybe lowering the level of protection may help but it does not the only waywas to remove the anti virus protection completly. Has anyone had any similar problems and what did you do to correct it. Or can any one recommend a anti virus software that does not affect G X Developer. This is not a problem with any other software that I use E Designer included. Rodney

I never seen a problem like this. I used Norton antivirus, Etrust, and many more without problem. Which is the version of your GX developer?

May be memory is not enough to run the antivirus and GX Developer. If removing the antivirus did not solve the problem you may return your system to a restoration point may solve the problem. Greetings..

And I also use avast 4.6 and I have no problem with GX Developer Ver7.11

Hi, all those antivirus-software is waste of time and waste of money. It's dangerous too. It now has made itself into the top 20 in the list of dangers: http://www.sans.org/top20/#c2 Franz

When I talked to Mitsubishi support one of there thoughts were that when G X Developer starts it writes to Windows components such as DLL files. This they think is what the anti virus software sees and thinks G X Developer is attacking Windows. I have never seen this problem before either and I have been using Mcaffee software and G X Developer for quite some time. I have used a version 7 & Version 8 and the results are the same. When I remove the anti virus software my G X Developer runs with out problem. Rodney

I have MCAffe too, but i don't have any problems.

Roger Thanks for your reply may I ask how resently you installed the anti virus software on your computer. I used a previous version on my computers which was also Mcafee with out problems Rodney

at the moment i have mcafee 8.0 installation was done by the installation wizard. noo special settings.

Roger My previous version was version 8 and as said with no problem. I am now on version 10 with the problem. Rodney