Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nibroc

New CP1H

21 posts in this topic

I note that the CP1H has been released in some markets. This unit looks good - 32K DM, USB, RS232, RS422/485 on board, expansion options include ethernet, clk etc, (CJ modules?). Also has Modbus RTU built in. I haven't many details but this looks good, Any info available in english yet? Nibroc

I asked my OMRON sales slut and he is not aware of it yet.

Thy this presentaiton, sorry i believe its in Spanish Avance_de_CP1H_SI.zip

Great Presentation Sleepy, (still get the idea even in spanish) CS/CJ instruction set !! Cool!! Up to CS/CJ CPU bus units - Great!! (SCU,CLK,ETN,DRM,etc!!) Can't wait - BobB may have to trade in his C200's!! Nibroc

P055-E1-01_CP1H_catalog

W451-E1-01_CP1H_PROGRAMMING MANUAL.pdf

Wow excellent Yair! Can't wait till it comes out here. It has all we need in a package. Our sales rep was quite surprised, I could almost tell more about it than himself

W450-E1-01_CP1H_OPERATION MANUAL I think that this plc will replace all CPM PLC.

Hello All, I would like to add a note of caution here guys. I'm not certain that the manuals posted are the "final" versions yet, so (although basically OK), may contain errors or omissions. Regards anonymous Edited by anonymous

after reading the specs from the Spanish presentation (BTW: thanks to everyone for the documentation posted) my impression is that Omron is squarely aiming at Siemens S7-200. That will be good for me, as I can now push for an all Omron solution with customers that previously would have been "requesting" S7-200. All in all is a very good move from Omron, going to exploit the wealth of possibilities offered by the CJ/CS family.

It is a neat piece if kit... ...AND with a USB connection - get yer laptops out boys! anonymous

Looks good but a shame it cannot use the CJ1 digital I/O modules in limited numbers instead of just the CPM1A expansion modules. I normally like to use high density modules and make up my own plugs. Will reserve judgement until I see the price as I was looking seriously at the AB Micrologix for my smaller jobs - it is inexpensive - has Ethernet and serial as standard - has Modbus built in without the need to add a serial port. 80 I/O. It will be interesting to see if Omron supply updates to CX-One free of charge as they have in the past to registered users as it is V1.1 - a minor revision. Hope so. They have done this in the past. CHEEKY!!!!! Cannot get parts fot the DC power supplies anymore. Benn using CJ1 with Controller Link for everything since they came out. Edited by BobB

Not just limited to Bus units but can also connect to the following special I/O:

Anyone have any idea as to when they're coming to the UK? Ben

Hello Ben, They should be in the shops any minute now, if not already... Just checking on a firm date, but contact your local Omron rep for details. Regards anonymous

Hello All, Sorry, but I'm lying through my teeth... Well, nearly. The scheduled release date was October 2005, but apparrently there have been some problems with distribution / shipping from Japan etc. In some respects, I was correct with "any minute now...", but I can't (and nor can anyone else) give an exact date. All I can say is 'keep pestering the rep' Regards (and apologies) anonymous

That's great, cheers anonymous, I'll do just that. Ben

Yes but not digital I/O.

It's bad news when it comes from china, because we are waiting for parts of NT20's and they don't know when it's gonna be deliverd. We expect that it's gonna take at least more than 10 weeks. So the delivery from china sucks very much. The NSC cannot sell anything that they can't get hold of.

Received pricing of the CP1H series and must say quite dissapointing and not as competetive with other comparable CPU's like S7-200 as hoped for. But I was told there will be a less powerfull CP1 CPU out mid 2006. So have to wait a little longer