Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andriy

PLC 3 to PLC 5

4 posts in this topic

Dear Colleagues, Anybody could tell me ? I have PLC 3 as a concentrator in the scada system. PLC 3 had 2 slot scanner that connected to another PLC (PLC 5/12 and PLC 5/40) and RIO 1771. PLC 3 slot scanner also connected to Graph desk PLC 5/12 and PLC 5/25 that had connector for DH+ and RIO. But PLC 3 could not communicating with PLC 5. Is there any device that i have to use for communication beetwen PLC 3 and PLC 5? Thanks in advance Andriy

Was it previously communicating and now it doesn't? Then your connections should be right and something changed in the software or configuration in one or both of the processors. That assumes something didn't happen to the blue hose connection; incorrect termination, etc. I've seen maintainence people hang buckets on the cable strung in the ceiling to catch roof leaks screw up DH+ networks. If the PLC3 and PLC5 both reside on the same DH+ leg than you should be able to configure them to communicate via message instructions. The PLC3 is/can either polling the PLC5's data table or the PLC5 is/can trying to write to the PLC3's data table. I've seen both setups work and even mixed setups work. Edited by jstolaruk

Anybody can help me for downloading program from PLC3 ? Thanks Regards andriy

Must of figured out your previous problem? Congrats! You'll need to contact you Rockwell Automation rep for some direction on getting legacy software for downloading/uploading to a PLC3.