Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wize

Micro 84 - converting

3 posts in this topic

I have a customer with an old Modicon Micro 84 that they want to replace with a nice new Quantum. The have a copy of the code in a P371 program pack. What will I need to be able to pull the code out either the PLC or the programmer and, hopefully, convert it to Proworx. I did think about plugging in a laptop and seeing what it could pull out the unit, but it has a different connector for the programming port. Thanks

I'm not sure what the Micro 84 used for programming, before my time. But I would think there is a cheaper solution than the Quantum. Look at Compact or Momentum, Quantum's too big for any application that fit in a Micro 84.

There was a Micro 84 software pack for the P190. It requires a J375 Modbus adapter in the Micro 84 system. With that, you can upload from the PLC to the P190 and store the program on tape. The same system was used with the 484 and 584. There may be a way to convert those P190 tapes to Proworx. But if you don't already have the equipment and know how to do it, you're probably better off transcribing the Micro 84 program manually. The maximum program size in a 1K Micro 84 is only 9 networks and the 2k model can only hold 18 networks.