Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Slc 150

5 posts in this topic

Ok when I started doing this PLC programming and automation bit, my first PLC was an Allen Bradley brick SLC500 with fixed I/O. Now comes a day that I need to work on an older SLC 150. I have seen and played with that hand held programmer, but I gotta a question.... Can I get some software for the laptop and a programming cable instead of using that handheld programmer? Can I make my own cable? (I doubt it since that SLC 150 has some sort of DIN connector on it) AB probablly wants $1,000 for the cable...not to crack on you Ken, but we all know how AB handles obsolete parts... Sorry, but I am use to working on the big SLC's and PLC-5. Not everyday do I get a chance like this to work on a SLC 150.

There is software, an AB version and an AI version....... the "cable" consists of a PCC (personal communication convertor), similar (but not the same) as a 1747-PIC

Found this on the "other" site..... Sid - (2 posts)  Mar-04-02, 10:00 PM (EST)   2. "RE: SLC 100 Software" Hi, Try this link I found by searching this website. http://www.isr.uc.pt/~lino/AIR/Arquivo/slc100.zip You can substitute for the interface a Black Box Corp. Model 800A or B Short Haul Modem. Pin out for the 8 pin Din connector: 2 = rxd - 1 = rxd + 3 = txd - 8 = txd - 7 = gnd  Remove | Alert  Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top   Sid - (2 posts)  Mar-05-02, 08:05 AM (EST)   3. "RE: SLC 100 Software" Update for the Black Box Corp. Model 800 A or B Hookup to a SLC 100/150 Allen Bradley PLC. Allen Bradley connector Black Box Corp. connection pin 2 RXD- --------------- TXD+ pin 1 RXD+ --------------- TXD- pin 3 TXD- --------------- RXD+ pin 8 TXD+ --------------- RXD- pin 7 GROUND --------------- GROUND The connections are transposed on the Black Box Corp. end. The Txd+ goes to the Rxd- on the A-B Side. The Txd- goes to the Rxd+ on the A-B side. The Rxd- goes to the Txd+ on the A-B side. The Rxd+ goes to the Txd- on the A-B side.

Holly cow... Thanks a million times over. Luckly, I did find an old 1745-PCC interface module that should work? As long as it's not broke. But the wiring and cable pin outs are a big plus! This is going to help me out alot. PS: I don't care if you post links to other boards or sites. The way I look at it, we are all in here for one reason. To share and solve each other's problems. My website traffic is everyone else website traffic, because someone out there knows the answer...No sense in trying to hide the answers. Thanks again 93lt1!

I, too, welcome feedback from all the forums.  It doesn't hurt to be in concert with other websites rather than in competition.  It's encouraging to see regulars from other PLC forum websites.