Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
controltestguy

B984-100

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any instructions on how to operate the B984-100? It requires a B886 or B884 interface accoring to the ProWorx help menu. thanks, CTG Edited by controltestguy

Hi Sparky, The 984-100 is in a seven-slot 800 series rack in slot three. I was able to establish communication and configure it using ProWorx32. What I can't do is get the active light to come on. We've tried two modules. All we really want to do is test the module. By that I mean I want to be able to apply an input to the module and see it change in the data table. I also want to be able to turn the outputs on in the data table and see the LED's come on and apply a load. I was able to do that with some difficulty. Proworx32 seemed to bog down. I'm not sure what the issue is. It's a DEMO program. Ideally, I would like to insert some rungs of simple logic that, when an input is applied, the corresponding output would turn on. Do I program the 984-100 with this logic or does the logic exist in the 984-780 CPU? Or both? Also, I configured the 984-100 and the traffic cop came back with three inserted digital modules in the rack. I take it they emulate the input/output module configuration. I then configured the 984-780 to see the 984-100. When I go online I get the usual 'module unhealthy' status message and no active light. I feel we don''t fully understand how to set the configuration. Both 984-100 modules act the same. Any further instruction/documentation you may have would really be appreciated. thanks, CTG

Hi- I'm working on it now and will follow your suggestions. Do I configure the 984-780 traffic cop to see the 984-100 as you would any other module? Do you have to configure the 780 or 100 in any particular order when it's in the rack? Thank you for your help. I'll keep you posted. CTG

KRK, Guess what! We got it working! Got the active light when I selected 884 for the interface. All the I/O points work. Found out we have to pull about 125 ma on the load side to get the fault light to go out. The only thing I see left to understand is can you read the data in the 780 data view? For example, I have logic running in the 100 that sees an input high and turns on the corresponding output. (Apply 24vdc to input one and output one turns on, etc. The register config for the 780 are 300001-300004 and 400001-400004. For some reason it adds an extra zero to the registers. In the 780 data table, the numbers are 30001-30004 and 40001-40004. It drops a zero. Thank you for your help. CTG