Sergei Troizky

Simple programming cable for Mitsubishi FX

126 posts in this topic

Should work, if you extend the RS422 side with shielded awg18 twisted-pairs cable.

Terry, In about two to three weeks we should have something back in the store. Right now all we have are engineering samples. They work however.

Thank You For the cable-layout Sergei! It Works like a charm with my Fx0-14-MR-ES.. But, do you know the cable layout for the programming cable between a MAC-10 and the PC? Since you seem to be the sharpest tool in the toolbox, perhaps you can tell me? Andreas Andersson...

Sorry, Andreas I've never worked with MAC-10 hence never had chance to try.

Thanks for cable diagram. worked for me and can talk to FX 1N. Now I need to find a job for the RS422 converter I just bought for the Job Cheers Wallace Edited by marsheng

im working on a cable that will be used for our AOJ2 CPU-MITSUBISHI[/b].. UNFORTUNATELY..I DNT HAVEANY IDEA HOW TO MAKE IT... DO U HAVE ANY INFORMATIONS ON BUILDING THIS KIND OF CABLE.... MOREOVER..WE DNT HAVE THE SOFTWAR FOR IT YET..THE AOJ2CPU.. CAN U PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INFOS ABOUT THS.. ITS A PLEASURE HAVNG THIS LETTER SENT TO U..THNK U@!

Hello. Is at me a pair FX2n and SC-05N,MM+ v2.50 .Promised to find USB to COM. There is time to solder an adapter.I shall try necessarily! I shall inform ???????????? experiment later. I am glad that have found this forum. You ??????? guys, all I wish successes! Long searched for the information, a pardon for emotions.

DobryDin Kolya, Privet I do not understand your problem. Please describe your situation clearly, what you are trying to do else how do we help. Spasiba, Desvidanya; Raj S. Iyer

At our enterprise have established the new equipment. At installation in the program "flag" is added. Necessary for a stop of the program during the certain moment. I should find it. At us such things are widespread. All that at me is, only owing to this site. I shall be glad to any help.

Dobriy den Raj S. Iyer Quite good knowledge of Russian! Dosvidaniya,udachi ! ! !

Andreas: I have an Fx0-14-MR-ES..can you tellme what cable-layout I use for the programming from notebook? Tanks, Gustav0 Edited by gustav0

Sergei: Sorry Im confuse, I have an Fx0-14-MR-ES..can you tellme what cable-layout I use for the programming from notebook? Tanks, Gustav0

Hi, Gustav Try the layout first, and if it does not work follow the later suggestions in this thread.

I made sergei's cable, and i tested on FX1N and FX2N, and works perfect, never lost conection. I use GX developer version 8.25b for programming and download the program to the PLC's. I followed sergei's diagram and i use an 900 ohms (Aprox) resistor, 1/2 W. Thanks you very much Sergei, you saved us a lot of dollars!.... Somebody has the wiring for a 25 pin port???? i need to work whit a FX-24MR which has a 25 pin port, not the MiniDIn 8 pins, and i like to make the cable, but i dont know how to wire the pins between DB-9 (plc) and 25 pins (PLC)...if somebody knows, please post it Edited by bulamin

I got a SC-09 cable with a 25 pin DSUB connector (PLC side), I would like to know if I can make a simple -extension cable to communicate via the mini-din connector. So, a 25d sub to the 8 pin mini-din. Has anyone ever tried that??

You should reference rajsiyer's attached document.

Michel Mon Ami, welcome... I can even speak a little Fran(glais)! If what my Burmese friend above has suggested is beaucoup du travails then click here Registerez vous sil vous plait and give us your headaches. A good number of solutions are found here Enjoy Raj S. Iyer

Ok..... it's that easy huh? That looks very much like a MAC <--> PC cable. The main difference is that you connect RXD+ via a resistor to the +5V (which is NOT an RS-422 level), the MAC cable suggests to connect it to CD (carrier detect) which (I assume) is +12V. Hummm, I may try both of them and leave my current SC-09 cable untouched! Thanks! Michel (I don't speak french by the way)

I know this is an old thread but speaking of cables for Mitsu there's a good page on Beijer.se where you can get "blueprints" of the cables as of how they are constructed. I thought this was a good resource to pass on but thought it was better to post it in the thread that was already about Mitsu Cables. Here's the link (In Swedish, blueprints are in both English and Swedish) http://www.beijer.se/web/web_aut_se.nsf/Al...1256F4E002EBED9 Chose the product you want to connect to, then chose what you want to connect from and press "Sök kabel" and it will give you a list of cables for that combination (all that applies to that combination you searched for) and there is a link to the "blueprint" which is called "Ritning" in Swedish. This might already be know and on other places and I tried to search for it on the forum but didn't find anything simular, I hope this is not a repost! :) Example: SC-Q http://www.beijer.se/web/kabelguiden.nsf/0...FILE/3362k1.pdf SC-09 http://www.beijer.se/web/kabelguiden.nsf/0...;FILE/673S1.pdf Regards Alex

Hi Alex, Never knew that a Viking-lander could be this useful. Thanks a million. Talking of Old threads,... Age is a thing of mind over matter. If you dont Mind, it does not matter! Ha You see, the practical use is unlimited. PLCs salvaged from ships that have run 20+ years are used in India to run control panels for another 20 + years. Thank again for doing the right thing!! Willkomen do you say in Svensk??? Raj S. Iyer

You are most welcome! (Välkommen , what you wrote is German ;) Very good try though! I know nothing in your language :()

The cable drawings for most Mitsu cables (including the SC-Q and SC09, as well as all the CABxx cables for the E-terminals) are in the Downloads section at www.meau.com. Go to Drawings and Schematics, and in the hierarchy pick the products or type a part number in the part number field.

Hi Guys, the cable drawing as posted by Rajsiyer is not 100% correct. On my FX2-48 it didn't work, so I tried to figure out why? First of all, he connected pin 6 to GND (pin 7), however GND is on pin 7 and 8 leaving pin 6 unconnected. That's not a real problem b.t.w. The reason that the cable doesn't work is simple, there's a resistor from pin 3 (DB25) to VCC. However, this resistor should be between pin 2 and VCC to keep the TXD+ (which is the PLC's RXD+) at VCC level. There's no point of connecting pull-up resistors to the PLC's communication channel outputs (in this case pin 3). Hope this will help anyone who doesn't want to spend $$$ on an SC-09 cable. Michel Edited by michel

This cable Work Perfectly with my PLC... with jumper on and no resistance! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUTCH!