Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mach390

wonderware button

13 posts in this topic

I am having trouble getting a button that i created in woderware to exicute in control logix. The button tag is an IO discrete and the bit in the logix is a bool. Both tag names are spelled the same, but when i press the button in wonderware nothing happens in the logic. i have created my own button and used wizard buttons but neither will do anything in the logix. Thanks for any help.

Reboot the computer. The OPC server is not recognizing the tagname. Edited by HalBishop

I rebooted but still not working, i think I'm missing something with the tag name set up but I went through everything I can think of to check and still can't get it to work.

Check the AccessName in the tag setup. It should be Bucyrus. There are several other AccessNames that can be selected, but ths is the right one.

I really like the fact that these people can post their snide little remarks and not be required to login. Maybe somebody should look into this and remove this ability. And for the gutless worm who posted, the name of the topic within the DASABCIP OPC server is Bucyrus. I realize this is probably too complex for you to understand. You are not even smart enough to fill out the registration for this site. Edited by HalBishop

Whoa, man.. slow your roll. I was thinking the same thing.. "What??" Now, clearly I have no experience with Wonderware.. you could've said the topic name is "rumplestilskin" and I wouldn't know any better. I think this anonymous guest was just noting that Bucyrus is an odd, non-intuitive choice.. not questioning the validity of your response!

in rslinx goto dde/opc. Under active topics if your topic and associated data points are not listed then there is a syntax problem with the tag call from wonderware.

I agree that the guest lurker who posts unhelpful/uninsightful two word responses in half of the topics is annoying

It would probably make sense for unregistered guests to be "read only"

Just to clarify my lack of detail on my posts. I built the application Mach390 was working on. I knew what he was trying to do. I didn't want to waste any of his time going into excruciating details for the amusement of others.

Hal, That is what everyone is here for. To learn and share information. I realize that you have been working within this profession for a long period of time, but I think you need a little more patience. My two cents worth.