Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nameless

3g2c7-LK201

3 posts in this topic

Hi all I want to learn PLC ladder programming and managed to get an old c20-cpu074 Omron plc, took your advice & contacted local Omron dealer who generously gave me a copy of syswin3.4 but I don't have the "3g2c7-LK201" and the dealer has only one which he does not want to sell or lend of course. I am electronics eng and I am learning this just for the know-how. I think "hope" I can build or mimic on the pc this "host link unit" if I have enough info on it like" the protocol it uses, pin assignment, voltages, handshake used...datasheet etc. If I don't "can't" then I will buy a cheaper LG plc ..But I seem to like to start on Omron……help !!

Check on Ebay. They often have this item at a good price. I do not think you can "program" around the hostlink. It deals with physical issues. Hope this will help.

I have 2 and a half C28K PLCs and 1 3g2c7-lk201. It's a dang big box and pretty complicated. It has a processor and about 15 logic chips and an eprom for the processor. If you want, i can take pictures of the insides. I once thought about trying to make one myself, but it's too big of a job for me. I have no info about the connection between the lk201 and the PLC