Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Unsupported Text Wrap in Button Object?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, Working with CME for the first time. I want to use a "button" in my view application as opposed to a normal panel view button. "Illuminated push button" object, which looks like a button from quickpanel as opposed the "button” object that looks like something from "visual basic". I want to use the "button" object because I want to hide the button with a visibility option. I can't hide the ILPB object button. The ILPB object supports wrapped text, as you can see in my screen shot. The button object does not. Unless, here is my question... Is there a special inline character string I can put in my text field to force it to wrap? EXAMPLE: If I was using PanelView 32 HMI software for Allen Bradley. I can force a text wrap and start a second line of text with a carriage return like so: TURN ON/*R*/AIR Would appears as: TURN ON AIR The /*R*/ is a hidden text string I can use in AB PanelView 32 software. Is there anything like that in CME View application?

"Ctrl-m" will do what you want. Nice looking screen.

RussB, Thanks for chiming in. I found that the CTRL-M works for the ILPB graphic object, but it did not work for the "button" object as shown. PS: Thanks for commenting on my HMI. I attached one of my manual screens to "show-off" some more. I had to blurb out an area on it, because I don't know if this customer has a release or not, but the other things on the screen should be ok to show publicly.

You are right, I do not know this. Please reply back here if you find out. You may want to ask the people at support@gefanuc.com. One work around would be keep the Label blank and use two 'Text' boxes on the button.

I got a response back from GEFaunc. No can DO...Except using two text blocks like you said. I thought about doing that but that seemed silly..oh well. I guess I have to do the silly to make it look right. I see I can "LOCK" all three objects together though, so that will help. RESPONSE from GE: Hello Chris, Unfortunately, textwrap is currently not supported for button objects. The ONLY work around it is to use the text tool and create 2 or more separate lines of text and place them on a blank button itself. The button will work the exact way in runtime des pite having text on it. Hope that answers your question. Do you want to go ahead and close the case? Thanks. Roberto GE Fanuc Tech Support END RESPONSE from GE: Atleast GE responds, unlike some other PLC support people I know..*cough*...