Jay Anthony

NT20S Control and Notify

12 posts in this topic

From PM this afternoon: Please post your questions in the forum sothat all may help you.

The PT Control and Notify Area should be located in a memory area which can be addressed at the bit level. PT Control area is for data from the PLC to the NT20S. The first word of the area is used to tell the NT20S from the PLC which screen to display. PT Notify Area is for data from the NT20S to the PLC. The second word of this are tells the PLC which numeral is being currently edited by the NT20S. I suggest HR10 for PT Control Area and HR 15 for the PT Notify Area. Please read about these areas in the following manual. V020-E1-3 NT20S Operation Manual @ MrPLC.com

after reading the manual i decided to work with the dos based NT tool in stead of the newer NT 3.320 tool i was working with... but, now i cant establisch a proper connection with the PT and the reason is that i just cant find the proper settings for my PT can anyone tell me which one i should choose? Edited by J-D

why would you take those values? because, when i set those, the pt is giving me "settings error", "error adress: HR 0015" Edited by J-D

Sorry. I just checked the memory map for a K PLC. HR's stop at HR0915. Please use HR00 for PT Control Area and HR 05 for the PT Notify Area.

the HR adresses you gave don't work to be honnest, i still do not understand completely what these values are doing

my post

To state in a different manner what Jay has said in a previous post. The Control and Notify areas are memory locations in the PLC that are reserved for communication with the operator interface. The plc sends information to the screen (what screen to display, what bits are on, etc.) and the screen sends information to the plc (turn on this bit, enter this value, etc.) through the control and notify area. You are right (as Jay corrected above) that the HR on the C--K does not include the area suggested. Use the area suggested HR00 for PT Control and HR05 for PT Notify. Also note that these units are no longer available from Omron. They were retired after 15 + years and replaced by the CPM1 and CPM2 series. I think you should be able to use Omron Direct Access v4, but not sure about that. You should also review the manuals for the C--K product. These manuals cover addressing, program instructions, and other usefull information. C__K Manuals @ Mr.PLC.com Hope this will help.

The control area is a output of the NT to control the PLC. The notify area is a input of the NT. So the PLC can control the NT. For the control and notify area you can use all sorts of memory area's like the DM and HR. Look in the manual what the memory area's are. Than try to use a high number. Like DM10 when u have 16 DM's. When u choose a control and notify area keep in mind that the control area uses 4 (sometimes it uses 5 words. But i think you only use 4 words.) words. This means the control area uses DM10 to DM14. When you set the control area to DM10. The notify area uses 2 words. When you set the notify area to DM15 it uses DM15 and 16. The NT then uses DM10 to DM17. I've added some networks you have to program in the PLC so that the NT begins at screennumber 1 and so the PLC can control the screennumber of the NT. *****NOTE:***** When i set the PT area's and i wanted to use DM10. I had to type DM1000. At the PLC i just used DM10. NT_netwerk.bmp Edited by NOOBIE SvS

thank you all for your posts!! it finally works now i can begin programming and testing... might be that i'm posting in the near future with some other problems Edited by J-D

hello, I want to resume the topic! There is a problem with loading the project, I enter the address DM00 for PT Control Area and DM05 for PT Notify Area. Uploading the project to the panel fails. The panel has been initialized before. HMI to PT Setting areas are unknown. Tell me what should I do about it?

22 hours ago, AndreySOK said:

hello, I want to resume the topic! There is a problem with loading the project, I enter the address DM00 for PT Control Area and DM05 for PT Notify Area. Uploading the project to the panel fails. The panel has been initialized before. HMI to PT Setting areas are unknown. Tell me what should I do about it?

This problem is not related to this topic. You should start a new one.

You do not mention the error your are getting. It sounds like you have a connection issue. You should also tell us the PT model number, what software and version you are using and the cable you are using.