Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nasir_ash

PLC PROTECTION

6 posts in this topic

Hi freinds i would like to know HOW CAN I SET A PASSWORD IN CQM1-CPU43. Pleasee help me in this regard. Thanks NASIR ASHFAQ

Hello Nasir, Please see attached screen shot...

HI again Can i use AR9.01 rather then 10.01. Ar9.01 is RS232 RECEPTION COUNTER AR10.01 is PERIPHERAL RECEPTION COUNTER. If i want to lock PLC by Both PERIPHERAL and RS232 ports. what will be the procedure Thanks NASIR ASHFAQ

Hello Nasir, It must be AR10.01. This sort of 'invokes' the Password Protection capability of FUN49 (Set System Instruction) - I believe FUN49 is cabable of many things, depending on which AR bit precedes it in the Ladder. Using AR10.01 will prevent unauthorised access to a program in any C Series PLC, regardless of which port or communications method is used. Hope this helps Regards anonymous

Just a little note. anonymous is certainly correct on this. Be aware, this function is not documented anymore! Also, if you lose/forget the password, there is NO WAY you can get back into the plc! You will need to have Omron reset the unit and the program will be lost. Hope this will help.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic...findpost&p=4748