Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Trouble with pv550?

5 posts in this topic

I am having this problem with the panel view 550. Every now and then the machine will be running for a long period of time. Without any operators touching the screen. Then if you touch the screen, the panel view will black out, and say ERROR! in four different languages. Ofcourse it loses comms right away, and you pretty much have to power down and power up to get any where after that. I've called AB support and when through the rounds, and they tell me they have had problems with BAR GRAPHS and and such things to check, but no answer to my satisifaction. Has anyone else seen this problem and did you fine a solution? Knowledge base at AB has nothing on this matter either.

We have had similar problems with the error in different languages. These problems are firmware/internal related. What was the error code number? What is the firmware rev. of the PV? Our problem was on a 1000, touch only, DH+ comms. We were at rev 4.0 and bumped up to rev 4.20 and have since had no problems.

The error in four different languages really did not display an error code per say, it did display some errors upon rebooting or power down power up (PDPU) as I would call it. The errors were: 2016 - Application File Contains Errors and the next PDPU 1110 - No validate application Do recover from an ERROR in four languages, I had to press the SECRET KEYs to erase the eprom, then re load the application. Ofcourse AB tech support is STUMPED they won't admin it. I submitted my application to them and have not heard back from them. The firmware version of the Panel View is FRN: 4.10. which is not as new as your 4.20. So maybe I'll try that next. I gotta do something instead of waiting around on AB to help me. Thanks!

Sounds like the memory is getting corrupted while the PV is running.   Although PanelView error codes absolutely stink (hey, at least they're in decimal) at describing the solution to your problem, they've always been pretty close to the mark as far as indicating what it is. So the PV is doing it's Error/Errore/Erreure thing after it's been running for a while... and then at reboot the program checksum fails.  That says runtime corruption of RAM or failing RAM hardware to me.   It's possible for RAM to be intermittent, and not beyond A-B to not catch a thermal problem or something during burn-in.  I dunno if the 550 uses EEPROM or FLASH or something else for retentive memory. You didn't mention which network this PV550 is running on... some are more prone to noise conduction than others.    I am also a big fan of the FAT GREEN WIRE ™ to ground things like this to protect their electronics from spikes.

Ed, This is sort of what I was thinking, but wasn't able to prove it like I needed too. (I think you are thinking the same as me..lol) The panelview is on a two node DH-485 network. Using SLC 5/03 OS301. We do have that green and yellow "FAT WIRE" connected too, so I think we are golden there. I finally got an e-mail from our AB rep today, they are saying it MIGHT BE a bug in PANEL BUILDER....no way...I can't believe it...anyway... I seemed to think it was something along the lines of hardware too, but couldn't quite pin it down. We will see what the big giant brings on in the next few days. :)