mountainice

how to upload C7-624 configuration

4 posts in this topic

My company have two same machine equipped with C7-624,one ruined by some unknown reason some days ago. Now my company buy a new C7-624 to replace the bad one,when i upload program from the good one(by step7),it is ok,but when i upload the configuration (by protool),it doesn't work. I consult siemens representative,they tell me that press esc and up arrow button when power on,you can upload the configuration.I do like what they told,but still doesn't work. Somebody can tell me why,or have other ways to get my problem away? thanx in advance. best regard

You may be out of luck. The C7-624 is like an OP15, and it did not support upload of the user program with Protool or Prosave. If it did, then you would have to use Prosave - not Protool. Prosave comes together with Protool. C7-624 is not in the list of devices that Prosave supports, the successor C7-634 is. There is a chance that you can upload the application with the utility program COM-TEXT (which I dont have). Ask Siemens if you can upload with COM-TEXT from C7-624 and if they can lend you a copy. Alternatively they can do it for you.

thanks JesperMP. I'll consult SIEMENs again. Edited by mountainice

On 5/11/2005 at 2:59 AM, mountainice said:

thanks JesperMP. I'll consult SIEMENs again.

Hello,

have you uploaded the configuration?

I have the same problem.

Regards, Patxi.