Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mattcg1

Multiple AB 1747-BAS Basic modules in same rack

2 posts in this topic

Hi All, I have a SLC5/04 10 slot rack with a BAS module in slot 1 used for generating serial ASCII reports to a local printer. The customer requirement expanded, and now we do not enough memory for the extra reports. We installed a second BAS module in Slot 5; the proc configured the hardware, and it seems to be functional so far. We plan to segregate the reports to two different serial printers. Has anyone ever used 2 BAS modules in the same rack, and if so, are there any gotchas I should be aware of?? I have scoured Google and I cant find any references to this. BTW, the option of upgrading to a PC user interface w/ RSView, WW or the like is ruled out. The system is already purchased and installed at the plant. Thanks in advance. Mark aka "Do you want a Call 23 with that burger??"

We have used up to four basic modules in same rack. Only problem was that we had to use basic modules (personally I hate them...) Why don't you use RS232 port of the CPU for printing? (just asking...) panic mode