Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WLCHIN

Direc communication cable

9 posts in this topic

Hi I'm new in Mitsubishi, any body know what is the configuration of the cable SC-08 and SC-09 from computer (9 pin) to CPU(RS422)? Regard

SC09 is not "just a cable". It also has RS232/422 converter built in. If you look around, you will probaly find a diagram (I think I saw it in this forum too). However the quality of that scan was poor. I will try to post better one later. This might help you build your own based on some off-shelf converter or chips from Maxim for example. Personally I think attempt to build your own cable in this case is waste of time considering relative complexity and low price of SC09 which by the way also comes with adapter for FX PLCs. panic mode

Low price? SC-09 OEM price in Canada is $250CAN~$160US. If this is a low price, what is high? By the way, a pin-to-pin cable diagram is promised in the neighbour topic for June 1st.

!? maybe you should consider another supplier. i didn't buy this thing in some 8 months but if i recall correctly, this thing costed maybe half of what you suggested.

$100??? Actually I used to pay ca $200 Canadian per cable as well. However, this is (to me) still cheaper than trying to make something because my time is valued too and I know that something like that is not a 5 minute job. Even if you use off-shelf 232/422 converter ($80-150), you will still spend good an hour or so (even more) in soldering DB connectors and testing. And if something is not right...??? Anyway, here is the diagram for anyone not shy of DIY. There are some converters with schematic on www.RS485.com such as http://www.rs485.com/pdffiles/converters/rs422s.pdf

Thank for all the guy that helping of this, nomatter how, i will try to DIY first, if not my boss everyday will bra......bra.....bra

Wilchin, Did you have succes with your cable ? Did it work ? I am curious about the results, because I have to program a FX24MR. It has to be done only once. If it works it will never touched again. And for this I find 225 Euro (in Holland) for a SC-09 very expensive. Greetings Gunther

Be patient, guys! I promised the pin-to-pin cable diagram for June 1st and you'll get it. No active components, the cost is only the connectors and 10 minutes soldering.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=ST&f=15&t=609