Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest NOOB

Tumbwheel DA converter

17 posts in this topic

Hello people, I have the following stuff: CPM1 PLC NT30-ST141 Touch panel MAD-01 DA-converter 0 to 10 volt CIF-01 Peripheral to RS232 communication unit And I want to make a tumbwheel on the NT to control the MAD-01 which is a DA-converter. How do I make this work? Can anybody help me?

NOOB, Please Register at Mr.PLC.com The manual for the CPM1 is here CPM1 Programming Manual on Mr.PLC.com A tutorial for the NT screen is here NTST Tutorial on Mr.PLC.com There is some setup required for the MAD01. Additional information/manuals are available at www.knowledge.omron.com. This information should help you get started. If you have questions, please post and we can try to help. Edited by gtsuport

I have made a screen and a little PLC program. But the NT keeps switching between the screen and the "connecting to Host" screen. Here is a screen shot of the PLC program and I have set the PT control/notify area of the NT to HR18 and HR19.

The problem is that the PT Control/PT Notify areas require multiple words. Try setting PT Control to HR18 and PT Notify to HR 28. Do not use HR18 - HR 38 in your program. I know this is more than enough word range. You should only need to move #1 to HR18 to display screen 1. I think this change should solve your problem. Hope this will help.

That is a nice try, but here is a piece of the manual. • The user program and memory area data in the CPM1 are backed up either by an internal capacitor or in flash memory as shown in the following table. Backup method Data Internal capacitor Read/write DM area (DM 0000 to DM 0999, DM 1022, and DM 1023) Error log area (DM 1000 to DM 1021) HR area (HR 00 to HR 19) Counter area (CNT 000 to CNT 127) Flash memory User program Read-only DM area (DM 6144 to DM 6599) PC Setup (DM 6600 to DM 6655)

Some people told to work with the Data Memory (DM0000 to DM0999). But I don't know how to make that work with the HR19.12. What do I have to replace HR19.12 with?

Sorry about that! I forgot which plc you were using. What are you trying to do with the MOV HR18 HR19? Do you have a screen button addressed to HR19.12? You could set the PT Control to DM0 (control area is 4 registers), PT Notify to DM10 (notify area is 2 registers). Then you could use a first scan bit, 253.15 to MOV #1 to DM0. This would call screen #1 when the plc is powered up. Using a MOV instruction you can call a screen by moving that number (#xxx) to DM0. Again, sorry about the bad HR numbers! Hope this will help. Edited by gtsuport

If I translate it right it should do: Quote: The first network is a instruction to change the screens. The NT-terminal could get from the PLC a assignment to change the screen. This screennumber is given on HR18 (PT-control word 1). The NT-terminal reacts only when the information on this addres changes. Because of this at every screen change, also generated by the NT-terminal, a copy is made of the active screennumber to the screencontroladress. At every screen change screenstrobe (HR19.12, if PT-notify is set as HR19.) becomes high. This is the copysignal. The second network calls the first screen because the NT-terminal normally calls screen zero.

When i set the HR18 and HR19 to DM0 and DM1. It calls the screen but the screen fades away and leaves the screen blank.

The control and notify area must be seperated by at least five words. Example: HR10-14 PT Control Area HR15-19 PT Notify Area 210-214 PT Control Area 215-219 PT Notify Area DM10-14 PT Control Area DM15-19 PT Notify Area

Just the last question. (I hope.) If I write the information from the thumbwheel to MAD01. Do I have to write it to DM12, 12.00 or something different.

Which CPM1 PLC are you using. This will determine the channel number for the MAD01.

Input words of the MAD-01 start at [last input word]+1, output words of the MAD-01 start at [last output word]+1. Resolution is 8-bit, so 1/256 thus inputs and outputs range is 00-FF (4/20 mA or 0-10V). Desired input / output range is set by writing a code to the first input or output word during the first scan using the first scan system flag. (253.15) A scaling instruction unfortunately is not available in the CPM1 instruction set, so you will have to do some math to convert the raw input/output data to a scaled user value. You can have your thumbweel point at a scaled DM, and have some instructions caculate the relational ouput value. Do the calculations with BCD, and convert the result to a HEX value with the BCD to binary instruction. I've put up a more recent manual of the CPM series for you. Read section 3-1 carefully, everything you need is there. W353-E1-05 CPM-SRM Programming Manual@MrPLC.com

Thanks a lot everbody. I haven't tested the program but I think everything works. If everything works out I should have everything working tommorrow.

Glad to hear it! It is always nice when things work! If any problems come up, let us know.