Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swimmy67

FX3U PLC PID function

8 posts in this topic

Hello All, I am receiving an FX3U plc and I was wondering if someone has any programming samples for the PID function (FNC 88). I read through the manuals that I received from Mitsubishi. I was not able to find much information on their Web site about the new processor. There are some improvements with the FX3U. 1) Built in communications function for communicating with the Mits inverters. 2) Improved PID function with additional parameters added. 3) Can connect modules to the Left side of the PLC for faster communication speed. 4) Supports USB programming. I am looking forward to receiving the PLC today. I only hope that the PID function will perform better. I use the PID to control a Heat Exchanger for heating cooking oil for an industrial Fryer. When I have a working program, I will post it for review. Thanks, swimmy67

FX3U is still being released in the US. No english manuals or catalogs are available on the website yet, but I have spoken with the US product manager for FX and he is working hard to get all related materials on the www.meau.com website as soon as possible.

Chris, I have posted all of the FX3U manuals that I received from Mitsubishi today. For the programming, there are 4 separate manuals. Programming Basic instructions, Communication programming manual, Analog Programming manual, and Positioning Programming manual. In addition, I posted all of the additional hardware manuals that I received. I received the FX3U PLC, USB module, and FX3U-4AD-PT-ADP input card. With the USB interface, the programming is fast. I created a temporary program to see how the RTD module would function. I will post the price list for Mitsubishi Electric products tomorrow. I will try and share all of the information that I receive for the FX3U PLC. Thanks, Kari Swimelar

I am going to download the manuals you posted here and look them over. I work for a Mitsu distributor, so I already have the pricing info. I expect to be ordering an FX3U, USB adapter, new analog modules, and some other parts for my lab shortly. Just waiting for a project to offset the cost.

After modifying an existing program to run on the FX3U PLC, I find that the instructions for communicating with Mitsubishi inverters is similar to the FX2N-ROM-E1 module with the communication instructions built in. The FX3U has two channels to choose. I have channel one set to the FX3U-USB-bd board. The FX3U-485-ADP module is set at channel two. Channel zero is the peogramming port which I will attach a GOT 1000 touch screen. I modified the program and downloaded with the USB cable supplied with the USB-BD board. Much faster than the SC09 serial cable. Online monitoring is much faster also. As is the online edits. This program has not been tested yet so at this time I aill not post. The program communicates with 3 FR-E540-0.4K-NA inverters. Has a PID function to control the Heat Exchanger via Analog output module FX2N-4DA. I have a 4 RTD input card, FX3U-4AD-PT-ADP to sense Process temp, Output temp, Over Temp, and Heat Exchanger internal temp. I should be testing the program with in the next few weeks, so I will post the finished program for review. Thanks All, Kari Swimrlar

Hi All, I have almost completed the programming of the FX3U PLC and the GT1000 touch panel. Here is the hardware that is being used: FX3U-64MR/UL FX3U-4AD-PT-ADP FX3U-485-ADP FX3U-USB-BD FX2N-16EX-ES FX2N-2DA GT1585-STBA I am connected to four FR-E540-0.40K-NA Inverters over RS-485network. Everything seems to be working. I am having a hard time with the Touch Panel getting things to display correctly and setting up message boxes. The GT1000 has a ladder monitor function built. You can upload the ladder from the PLC and view and make modifications from the touch screen. The PLC has enough memory that I was able to download the comments. I am attaching the working program. This is a new program that we are developing for our machine. Look the program over and see if you can see some peoblems or easier ways to do some things. I will accept all criticisms from all comers. Thanks, swimmy67 Kari Swimelar FX3U_PLC_Program..zip
2 people like this

Hi swimmy67, what version of gx dev are u using?

I am using GX Developer FX Ver 8.25.