Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Riv

how can i to copy a hardware license?

27 posts in this topic

I nedd to copy a hardware license (key), because, I only have one license and need this for four pc´s. The hardware license it´s in the printer port. I have HD-COPY soft, but whith this program it is not posible. It is correct? What´s the corret program for this operation? Thank you.

Purchase a site license. (I'm not kidding) Edited by jstolaruk

The only correct and ethical thing to do would be to buy 3 more licenses instead of figuring out a way to infringe copyrights.

You must be kidding.. RSI won't entertain a request for a four-workstation site license. I believe their "official" position is that they don't do site licenses at all.. Unless you're someone like Ford or GM, who demand site license for their plants.

I was going to delete this....but I think I will leave it up for a while...just in case I need a quick laugh next week.

okay, then 3 more licenses. My point is that he should pay for it.

You can however place the license key on your network, and install in as many locations as you want. But only one will be able to run at at time. That can be a disadvantage, because on a single computer, you can have multiple instances of RSLogix.

From my experiance you will like many have said, buy the key as many times as needed. They might cut you a break if you contact then directly and explain yourself, in the purches of more then one.

Hardware key with A-B software? The only one I know from A-B is Guard Plus software that uses this hardware protection. What he is talking about? Edited by Contr_Conn

He never stated that it was a AB product; could be anything. No matter, he should try to stay legal.

You don't even have to ask them to cut you a break.. Their standard practice is give you a discount based on the number of licenses you purchase at one time.

I used to complain about paying for additional license. Finally I figured out in the time you spend trying to get by them, you could had done a few more jobs and paid for the license.

Or you could buy PLC hardware that has cheaper software. If AB loses sales due to expensive software then perhaps they may change their policy.

But he did ask the question in the A-B section. to copy the dongle he needs one of those replicator gizmos like they have on starship enterprise.

Hey, I want one of those replicator gizmos. Is there any place I can get one for free. I don't want to have to pay any licensing fees. LOL

I've often wondered what the procedure would be for copying a dongle. (Purely from a educational standpoint, mind you) You'd have to monitor the traffic in and out of it, and then figure out the algorithm that generates that bitstream.. If only I had the time, brains, and test equipment to work on something like that!

In theory, the guys who rip video games from old NES and Sega systems could puzzle it out pretty quickly. They'd likely do it just for the challenge. But who would you ask? Better to buy what you need properly and do it right.

Encription algorithm is known, it described by the dongle manufacturer. The secret is that software developer puts own hash string and this makes it hard to duplicate. As dongle and computer programmed with the same hash, they know each other. Here is how it works: Computer generates a random number and encripts it using internal hash string. It sends it to the dongle, dongle decodes it, creates a new string based on this decoded number + hash know by the computer and sends it back. Computer docoeds it and compares it with initial one to see if dongle is "the original". Yes you can sniff the data handshaking, but the problem is that computer sends a random string and expects different respons every time. Edited by Contr_Conn

Received via PM from vijay_coep Anybody care to enlighten him?

How can someone be a PLC programmer and not know anything about the Starship Enterptise ( and 7 of 9 and stuff like that? ) hmmmmm

guess that's what too much opium does to you.. :)

I have had some really naughty dreams about 7 of 9. And not your everyday kinda naughty---really naughty.

Oh you guys, give him a break. Maybe they didn't have episodes of Star Trek in his country. So he has missed out on some great childhood memories...sigh... I still loved Knight Rider. This topic is going in the toliet fast. The point is, we aren't going to tell you how to copy anything, even if it could be copied. The sprit of MrPLC is to help each other, not figure out how to rip off our vendors.

Hi Folks.....Can anyone tell me how to copy my dog license? I have one license and three dogs.....any help would be welcome Later....Todd sorry....couldn't help it.... Edited by ToddM