Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SAckerman

Mitsubishi FX and HMI

7 posts in this topic

Stuck interfacing to a Mitsubishi FX1N plc and F930GOT-BWD-E 4" HMI Not up to times with Mitsubishi sinse old "punkin" terminal. Have learned I can purchase GX-DEV-FX-C1 software ($487.50) for the plc using a SC-09 cable ($146.25). Any better information? Have learned the HMI software comes with the HMI. Of course, I don't have this. Is what I need the 'DU/WIN' (FX-PCS-DU/WIN-E) to interface to the HMI? Can I get this is for free? Where? What cable do I need? Did this cable come with the HMI? What is the pin-out? I sure need help with this - been looking Thanks - ahead of time!!! "never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn't be done"

you can download software from mitsubishi website www.meau.com it will work for up to 14 days without registration. for F900 series screens I'm using GT-Works2

Recommend you buy the HMI and possibly the PLC as starter kits. The starter kits are discounted packages which get you a PLC (or HMI), software, programming cable, and manual for a reasonably discounted price. Of course you can only buy one HMI starter kit and one PLC starter kit, Mitsu won't let you do it over and over. The software for the F900 does NOT come with it unless you buy the kit. The software is GTWORKS2-C1, and the cable is FX-232CAB-1.

instead of FX-232CAB-1 you can use AB cable 1747-CP3 or 1756-CP3.

1/ You can download at this site software GT Developer 1000 step for FX PLC 2/ The cable PC to PLC you must buy 3/ The cable PC to HMI and PLC to HMI you can make them (look pins at www.meau.com) 4/ I think that the 'DU/WIN' only for series HMI F40 and F50?? For FX930GOT I think you must buy software GT Developer.
1 person likes this

From the information from Crossbow, I started looking. I found the 'Software Starter Kit', FX1S-14MR-ES/UL-K for $490.00. This came with software, cable and a simple plc that I didn't really need but it was basicly free. You can only purchase this kit once. I purchased GT-WORKS2-C1 for the HMI. I found the plc and software to be great. I think the HMI software was a little off but the most important thing I didn't like is the HMI is supported with Windows CE. Sorry, but any machine that is controlled with a program that runs under Windows - sucks. Windows is still not up to what it should be when it comes to controlling a machine. So you may not agree --- My question is - How often does your computer crash because of Windows?

Well the Windows CE is only in the new GOT1000 units. You said you had an F930, and the old F900 and A900 series were not Windows CE. I haven't got any problems with the GOT1000 and it's CE background. I don't know of anyone who is having problems with the GOT1000. And since it's Windows CE based, it's display is nicer since it can use any TrueType font.