Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob Clubbe

Connecting to an FX1S

13 posts in this topic

I can't connect to a new (from RS components) FX1S-30MR-DS from my PC using GX developer and a new Beijer RS 232/RS422 lead(also from RS components). I bought a spare FX1S-30MR-DS thinking that it may be a fault on the plc but I can't connect to that either. Am I missing something obvious?? I can connect with an FX1N, but that doesn't test the small plug end attachment. Can you help? Rob Clubbe robclubbe@btinternet.com

What do you mean by 'small plug end attachment'? The FX1S and FX1N have the same communication port. Did you check your online settings in GX-Developer? Make sure you are at the defaults of 9600 baud, 8 data bits, odd parity, 1 stop bit.

Im cant really understand what u r trying to say. but with a real beijer lead u should have no trouble. an 1n & a 1s r the same port. would suggest taking a look at the comms settings. There was me thinking it was easy since medoc was gone :)

A problem that I had once that should of been obvious, but I got caught up in the moment and overlooked it. My problem was that RS Linx was running in the background and using my com port. Good Luck

Thanks for all that. Problem was that the lead was faulty. When we tested connections between plug and socket of the loose end we found that it differed from the supplied lead connections diagram. RS replace lead and works OK. RC

I am having trouble communicating with a FX1s-14MR. I changed the buad,data bits, parity and stop bit to what you said but it still will not communicate. Im using GX Developer. I went to the direct connect setting and tried that also. When I go to the PLC side in the transfer setup screen I only have to small check boxes. It seems like something isnt there. Thanks

What exactly are you trying to configure? There is a default setting in GX Developer which should work fine with the FX1S. Are you using the right cable (SC09 or FX-USB-AW)? Are you using a USB to serial adapter?

Im using a PCMCIA to RS232 I/O Card from my PC to the cable. Im just trying to read from the PLC and comminicate with it. The cable is short and has a 25 pin connector on one side and the other is going to the PLC. The Other cable has the 25 pin on one end and the 9 pin on the other.

you still didn't mention part number of the programming cable but it sounds like you have the SC09. in that case you need to use both pieces. this will work if your PC has DB9 connector for RS232 port. if this is not the case (RJ45, or DB25 or whatever) you will also need adapter to convert that to DB9.

There isnt a number on the cable. I would imagine all this would work. I can connect to our GOT's and Q series PLC's but this isnt working.

Make sure you have the right COM port selected. Sounds like the right cables.

I have tried all comp ports. Im using COM 1 now. GX Developer will run a FX right?

GX Developer will run FX all the way back to FX... What version do you have? FX1S should be a choice in that software no matter what version..