Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

belkin usb with syswin

4 posts in this topic

trying to connect to cqm1h plc through the usb port, using a belkin usb to serial converter, and unable to connect. have posted some screen shots of the communications settings in syswin as well as the port settings for the usb converter. any ideas on what i may be overlooking out of ignorance USB_Try_Syswin.pdf

Kcor, Hate to tell you this, but I have had more than one customer have problems trying to connect with the Belkin unit. Have had fairly good success with a unit from BAFO model #BF-810. However, it is not 100%. Omron does offer a USB to Serial unit #CS1W-CIF31 that they have tested to work with all Omron products. Hope this will help.

thanks same results on my end. tried with two different pc's, just would not work. does work with the Allen Bradley. Have another that I picked up at Staples, it was a cheaper version, but it works with the omron cqm1h as well as the nt20 displays. it is a IOGEAR USB TO SERIAL ADAPTER. WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE JUST ONE ADAPTER THAT WOULD WORK WITH OMRON AND AB.

Hi guys, Hmmm.... Have used a Belkin unit (with CX-Programmer and CS / CJ PLCs) without any problem. It's a Belkin F5U103, and the lappy is an IBM Thinkpad T40. I've connected OK using both Sysway and Toolbus (@ 115200 baud). Regards anonymous