Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mr_mitch

processor configuration

4 posts in this topic

first, here's the info. I have rslogics500 ver. 4.50.0.8 and rslinx lite 2.31.00. A plc - micrologics 1200 series c. I am able to communicate via df1 driver with rslinx. But in creating a program, the choices listed are only two micrologics . An a series and b series. I tried them and the program error when trying to download it was "program not compatible with processor" Rslinx identifies this processor as mil1200. Is it possible the rslogics software is too old for the series c processor? confused, Mr_mitch

yup, that's what's wrong. I think you need version 5.00 or greater to get support for series C. Check out this technote: http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...AA?OpenDocument quote: 2) In order to upload from the Micrologix 1200 Series C Processor, you must upgrade to version 5.0 or higher

Thank you for such a quick reply! I guess today I'll be in a meeting bugging the boss for the latest and greatest. Thanks again, Mr_mitch

before you bug the boss - if the software is "in support" meaning it's not too old or that you have been paying your yearly support fee - then you can probably just download the latest version from the Rockwell software website - plan of attack: have your RSLogix500 serial number handy and call your local distributor - or have your RSLogix500 serial number handy and visit the Rockwell website and see how far you can go -