Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

VersaPro Quirk...

6 posts in this topic

I been having a life long Versa Pro problem that I've always just dealt with. So I am going to ask the question now because it's happening more frequent. I am using VersaPro 2.04 and more and more VersaPro is crashing. VersaPro crashes generally when I am online with a PLC. When it does crash, I lose the "Logic Equal" when online. I can only get my program to go equal again by doing a complete upload. If I stop the PLC and do a store all to the PLC from laptop, it still doesn't go equal. If I clear the PLC memory and re-download my program, it still doesn't go equal. After downloading either method above, I then do a verify to check and see if the version in the PLC is the same as my copy on my laptop and VersaPro shows that the copy is all EQUAL, but it won't go logic equal. The only way for me to recover from this problem is to re-upload my program from the PLC back into my laptop, then VersaPro goes equal finally. Of course when VersaPro crashes, I've always have to end task the "Cam Stop" service then re-start VersaPro so I don't get that "Can only run one instance of Cam Stop yada yada warning you get when you try and launch two copies of VersaPro. VersaPro mainly crashes when I have Quick Designer running editing a panel, while VersaPro is running in the back ground and connected to my PLC already logic equal. When I close the panel editor in Quick Designer, this is when VersaPro crashes. Weird eh? Close the panel editor in Quick Designer causes VersaPro to crash...anyway... Any else have this problem?

I have seen this also. What I think is happening is that the routine that checks to see if the PLC and Computer are equal is seeing it to be equal. The routines that actually run the GUI doesn't see this, therefore you get teh not equal message adn can't see logic flow. When you try to do the download, the download routine thinks that the PLC and computer are equal and so the download isn't performed, again the GUI doesn't give the the message that the two are equal. In order to get around this I have added a dummy comment in the program and downloaded that program and it will take. Hope this helps, It is a pain when you do an upload and lose Comments as GE is wont to do sometimes. As an aside I havn't had this problem with Cimplicity ME. Regards, John M

Chris, You can got into VersaPro Program file folder and delete the .ssx file located there, then go and re-download to the PLC and you should get logic equal. There was something on the GE website about it, but they keep changing the darn thing and now I can't find it and the link I have is bad.

If the PLC was programmed with the same version, and logic is not equal using the same version, you can try the following to gain equality. Open the project in versapro (same project which was stored into PLC) then perform a ' Check All ' (Folder then choose Check All). After doing this, logic should then be equal, if not, then you can do a download back into the controller

Because of crashes like this and other issues the GE facility near where I work still requires vendors to use LM90 for all programming.

I have had a similar problem with Cimplicity machine edition and now Proficy machine edition (minus the crashing of the software). I have noticed if you clean all build folders before you download your online changes you will never have this problem. I hope this solves the problem on your end. Cheers