Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SUYONO

OMRON C200H-RM201

10 posts in this topic

Hi Friends, Hai .. friends , I have problem with PLC C200H At mymachine I put PLC C200H and I instal NT20M for display and some Remote I/O. Master Remote I/O I give C200H-RM201. This machine is about 5 years old. Since last month , it has some trouble , Normaly in for numeric display will 12345 displayed , but some times only ***** displayed . So At PLC , error lamp is flash and at Master remote I/O error lamp is flash . PLC still RUN I think NT20M is broken , so I change NT20M with new . But the the trouble is same . I check PLC with programmer console . It says for check transmission betwen PLC and Master remote I/O and remote moduls . So . how to check transmission ? Anybody , please help me to take this trouble. Thank,s yono

Hi, I am having same kind of trouble with an OMRON 200HG-RM201 system at the moment. It seems to be a communication problem on start up, if you search this forum, my post is here somewhere. The system is more than 5 years old so the battery is due replacement, I am awaiting spare battery delivery. We are leaving the machine powered up until we can change the battery. Everything else appears ok, power supply and comm links. For some unexplained reason, to clear the alarms on my system we simply have to communicate with the plc using a laptop and upload/download program. Why this clears the faults, don't ask me, I know nothing lol.

Downloading a program means putting the PLC in program (stop) mode, usually alarms are latched outputs so if the alarm condition is lowered than switching from run - program - run will have the latched outputs reset. It would be easier to just power cycle the PLC. Should have the same effect.

Which lights are flashing on the RM201? Usually a problem with remote I/O means a problem with the RT201 at the other end.

Hai friends, Thank you very much for your help . Hai fosy , I want to download and upload the program ,but I don't have host link , I just have Sofware Syswin 4.2 and programing Console . So I can't do it . Now I am waiting RM201 from japan . maybe next month it come. Hai BobB..... at PLC alarm indicator is blinking , and at RM201 error indicator is light on ( solid red ) . First time when power is on , indicator end line at RM 201 is flashing and PLC can't RUN . about 2~3 minutes PLC can RUN , but still trouble in transmission . Thank's yono

Hi Yono, The fault on my system gives me 2 fault leds on the RM201 and my plc does not run so its different. But once I got the system running I tried a little trial and error stuff to see if I could induce the fault. I removed the power from my remote units and this gave me 1 red led on the RM201 which is what you seem to be getting but the PLC did go into run mode. I then restored power to the remotes and the fault cleared. I then disconnected the "+" comms link to the last connected remote unit and the same fault, 1 red led on the RM201 and the PLC did run. But whatever I did I could not induce the fault I was getting at start up, hence the 2 red leds and no PLC run. Check your remotes have the red power light on and check tighten your 2 twisted comm wires to each remote and remember they are all linked together. So a bad connection at one of the units will take out anything down stream of it. Hope its something simple like that mate, good luck. PS. Invest some money and get CX programmer software, it makes life so much simpler, those hand consoles are a mare. Edited by fosy

Well guys I had some time to fiddle with RM201 fault tonite. I tried what PdL suggested, switching to program/run mode using a PR001 console but it was not having it, fault would not clear. Anyway, I swopped the RM201 with one from an other machine and it started up champion. Strange thing is, I put the suspect RM201 in the other machine and it works fine too. I swopped them back thinking it might have been just a poor connection on the rack but no, fault still apparent. I've got both machines running ok now by just swopping RM201's, go figure that out lol. Am I missing something or what? I'm all out of ideas.

Distance of run? If the run is a lot shorter on the other machine where it is now working OK, it may be getting weak. Have seen this with Mitsubishi remote masters several times.

Hi Bob, The machines are virtually identical and the machine with the original fault is newer. But I agree, it could down to a weakness of signal in the comms and one RM201 is more responsive than the other. When I get time I might do a resistance/continuity check on the cabling.

Hey Guys, The fault transferred to the other machine the very next day. So it was definitely the RM201 at fault. We have ordered a replacement. Thanks for your input on this one.