Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Solonel

RTU IN PCM

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm using termf to install a program (RTU MASTER) in Megabasic into a PCM711 module. I downloaded from gefanuc site the megabasic file "rtum.107" and "hardexec.bat", "pcmexec.bat". Then i did the following: In Interactive mode: 1. Load pc:rtum.107 2. Save rtum.107 pc:rtum 3. Load pc:rtum 4. Load pc:hardexec.bat 5. Load pc:pcmexec.bat 6. Soft Reset When doing soft reset i get the following error: "File not found error" The PCM's RAM contains the executable file RTUM and HARDEXEC.BAT, PCMEXEC.BAT, RTUM.107. Why can't the interpreter find RTUM while it exists in PCM's RAM? Thanks, SOLONAS.

I believe that a soft reset causes the PCM to look for a default program to run. Unles otherwise configured, I think that the name of the default program is BASIC.PGM Were you supposed to rename one of the files when saving it to the PCM? Were you supposed to run either hardexec.bat or pcmexec.bat (or both) before doing the soft reset?

RTUM.PGM (RTU Master) uses only one pcm's port to communicate with a device. Is there any way to use BOTH ports AT THE SAME TIME?

Sorry, I do not but this is open source code, you may make it do anything that you want. If you do not have the time or knowledge, I would suggest hiring someone. Maybe if someone has already done this change they would be willing to share it. As stated in the documents that come with this file, it is not supported by GE Fanuc.