Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Brian

A1S-Visual Basic

4 posts in this topic

I need to communicate with an A1S CPU using an A1SJ71UC24-R2 serial card. I've been programming Mitsubishi PLCs since the F series but I can't make heads or tails of the manual. (Somewhat normal for me and a Mitsi manual). Probably doesn't help that I am a novice at Visual Basic. I did quite a bit of serial communication in Quick Basic, years ago. What is the quick and easy way to read and write data registers from Visual Basic? Thanks

i was using QC24 few times so i understand the pain. UC24 is very similar and most of the settings are the same. check this out http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=ST&f=15&t=518 this was using QC24 and you might need to bring the baud rate down to 9600 or 19200 for your card.

If this is the RS232 card - I have not communicated directly to it, but I have talked to the RS485 version very simply. If you need more help on the command strings to set/rese bits or change register values you can email me. Dan

I was doing it a while ago on two different projects. I cannot find the one for A PLC but maybe this link could help. The quick and easy way is to invest in 3rd party software like MX Components (that's what we use). There are samples of code for Basic in the Download section of this forum. This should be easy to port to VB. ----EDIT---- Oooops, didn't see reply by Guest....